Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: APR tune feedback

APR tune feedback

Hi All

New here but was a mk6 R owner, i pick up my Arteon EOW and will be going stage 1.

has anyone already gone down this path and can provide insight?

Regards,

Users Country Flag
    Well i can provide 1st hand feedback of an APR tune on the same engine (although in a Mk7 Golf R) as a friend of mine owns one. Stock the car was brisk at best but felt restricted. After the stage 1 tune the car was genuinely much faster, i believe they quote around 60kw and 100nm gain over stock. He has now progressed onto the stage 2 tune (with intake and down pipe) and is basically at the safe limit of the stock turbo now.

The increase in power was certainly noticeable from stock to stage 1. It goes from being a brisk car to genuinely being a quick car. The size of the turbo on the 206kw 2.0TSI engine has quite a bit of headroom available for power increases up to around the 300kw mark. Its a much larger turbo than the one fitted to the Mk6 R.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 21-05-2019 at 04:05 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

since the post i have reached out to a couple of dealers/tuners who have come back with a power figure of 283kw and 555nm.

he went on to also tell me that the engine and drive line is the same as the MK7.5R.... plenty of headroom.

might have to document a thread on the build.. seems like not a lot of documentation from a performance POV.

cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbeh View Post
    he went on to also tell me that the engine and drive line is the same as the MK7.5R.... plenty of headroom.

\
    Yes it is the same engine/turbo and driveline as the Mk7 R.

I guess most Arteon buyers are after the grown up luxury car aspect of the vehicle, not so much a modification aspect.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Please keep us notified. I’d love to see results of the stage 1 tune. I’m thinking of doing the same.

In the process of booking it in.. im going APR stage 1 as stated 283kw but numbers and dyno are one thing real world is another

ive felt what it did to my mates 7.5 R, he has R600 intake and res-delete so she sounds real good and quiet the shove.

has out run a few cars (C63s, Stock FL RS3 and Cayman GTS) and logged a 12.035 on 1/4.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbeh View Post
    ive felt what it did to my mates 7.5 R, he has R600 intake and res-delete so she sounds real good and quiet the shove.
    Don't just delete the middle resonator on the Arteon. Trust me. It'll sound pretty ordinary. You'll need to do more than that to get the exhaust sound you're after.

See here: Arteon Exhaust Mods
    Last edited by DreamensioN; 28-05-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

thanks for the write up mate you're a champion!

it appears it may be a case of throwing a proper cat back on to generate sound..?

what i would like is a bit more pops and farts... the investigation continues for now.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah - go a proper cat-back, or change the 2 rear mufflers. You'd probably have a lot more success even leaving the middle resonator in, but changing the rear mufflers to straight through types (if you didn't want to go through the expense of a whole new cat-back system).
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag

Can I ask, around how much does it cost to do a stage 1 tune?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast