Thread: Android Auto Connection Issues

Users Country Flag

Android Auto Connection Issues

Hi guys

Has anyone here experienced any connectivity issues recently getting their Arteon to stay connected with their mobile phone via Android Auto and USB cable?

Since I bought my car 4 weeks ago it's been a rock solid connection but now over the last week it just won't connect.

I've reset the vehicle settings 3 times, my phone twice and I've used 3 different cables and tried both USB slots but it just won't connect. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10, latest updates installed that are available.

I know there will be a plethora of combinations and updates why this tech isn't working at the moment so I'm not expecting a solution here but rather I'm curious as to who else might be in the same boat with me at the moment.

Users Country Flag
    I've had best luck disconnecting my phone, resetting both the phone AND the head unit simultaneously, and before you plug back in, wait until the head unit is rebooted properly, and also unlock your phone fully the first time and make sure you have a data connection before plugging it into the cable.
    I also had better luck with the port under the head unit.
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks MrAskani, I've just done exactly as you have suggested and my phone and car are now back up and running perfectly so thank you! Correction - I left my cable connected via the middle console USB port
    Last edited by SHANEO79; 14-10-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Users Country Flag

No problems at all.
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon