Thread: 300KW Arteon VR6 Turbo

Users Country Flag

300KW Arteon VR6 Turbo

The VR6 version is not officially confirmed yet, but with images surfacing of an Arteon testing in the snow featuring larger cross drilled brakes, larger air vents and a new rear splitter with quad exhaust, I would be pretty confident that a launch of the VR6 turbo is nearing.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/20...p-vr6-rumored/

Volkswagen Arteon R Spied Mostly Unconcealed In The Snow

Do we think this will land in Australia?
    Any guess on pricing?
    Will you upgrade?

Users Country Flag
    Would be nice but i wouldn't go sell mine & spend another 70k+ to get one, you can tune these 4T motors & get pretty good power , more then enough for the car i think.

Very interesting. It makes some sense to make an Audi S5 variant, but the original price point of the Arteon made it a really hard buy against more premium badges.

Don't get me wrong, the Arteon offered great value, but I would wager a 6 cylinder version would add a $10k-ish premium? Tough territory there.

Most local commentators said it would be nice with a bigger engine, but it doesn't necessarily mean people will buy it. The Kia Stinger is a great comparison. Everyone asked for it and generally liked it, but very few of those people bought one.

Hoping it makes it locally to revive the badge, price point will be critical.