Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie quad rider View Post
    Looking at buying one of these, but has anyone put a tow bar on one yet? Deal breaker if I can't put one on it.
    Thanks in advance. Geoff.
    As a VW fitted option, no.

But as an aftermarket option - yes.
    https://etowbars.com/au/Towbars/Volk...Arteon-Towbars

However, just to be sure to be sure - if I were you I would contact Lifetime Warranty Quality Towbars | Hayman Reese - and also see if they have one that'll fit an Arteon. With that etowbar, you'll be able to buy it and then find someone who can fit it for you. You'll want someone who does aftermarket towbars on VW/Audi/Euro cars just so they can get the coding right on the vehicle (so when you tow something, your rear sensors aren't going off etc). Plus I also think when the car knows it's towing something, it changes the stability control program etc.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    As a VW fitted option, no.

But as an aftermarket option - yes.
    https://etowbars.com/au/Towbars/Volk...Arteon-Towbars

However, just to be sure to be sure - if I were you I would contact Lifetime Warranty Quality Towbars | Hayman Reese - and also see if they have one that'll fit an Arteon. With that etowbar, you'll be able to buy it and then find someone who can fit it for you. You'll want someone who does aftermarket towbars on VW/Audi/Euro cars just so they can get the coding right on the vehicle (so when you tow something, your rear sensors aren't going off etc). Plus I also think when the car knows it's towing something, it changes the stability control program etc.
    Thanks mate.

Users Country Flag
    Good luck in your search.

Just a heads up, if you are doing a lot of towing a DSG/DCT is not recommended. There is a heap of information about it online you can read/watch but you should treat the DSG as a manual gear box and constant towing with low speed manoeuvres should be avoided.

That isn't to say that you shouldn't get an Arteon, just that if you are doing a lot of low speed towing manoeuvres be prepared for the DSG to wear much quicker.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    Good luck in your search.

Just a heads up, if you are doing a lot of towing a DSG/DCT is not recommended. There is a heap of information about it online you can read/watch but you should treat the DSG as a manual gear box and constant towing with low speed manoeuvres should be avoided.

That isn't to say that you shouldn't get an Arteon, just that if you are doing a lot of low speed towing manoeuvres be prepared for the DSG to wear much quicker.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I did get a fully loaded white one. Can't believe how much I love it. One tricky thing I haven't seen mentioned, press the unlock button for a couple of seconds and all the windows & the sunroof open. Press the lock button for a couple of seconds and it all closes.

Users Country Flag
    Congrats!

It's pretty common in cars now. VW have had it more than 10 years. One thing you might not know is that it also works with the lock button on all the doors as well.

Handy if you are like me and the key stays in your pocket.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Sold my Mk7 Golf R this morning. Went to the dealership down the road to look at a Passat Alltrack WBE or a Passat 206. They had neither in stock. I test drove a corporate car they had in the used lot. Manganese Grey Arteon with 5577km on the ODO, registered in Mar 2018 first time but a 2017 build MY2018.

Fully loaded with sunroof, dynaudio, 20” wheels. Bought it for $58k no more to pay. Fully transfered into my name, and new car factory warranty to end Sept 2021. I’m happy with the deal. Collect it Wednesday.

Think it was a press car, judging by the rego sequence compared to press cars on YouTube. All in good condition so WTF its better than paying full retail or close to. Nice car.
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the sale and purchase. I'm interested to hear your comparison of the two cars.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Same engine, very different character. Not the crazy rush you can get from the Golf R but an appropriate maturing of the overall approach that is more of a fit for me now...

Will know more when i get a longer drive up to the central coast on Thursday...
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag

So... a rock just slammed into my driver window from a passing lorry and caused a huge crack. It would have no doubt shattered if not for the tinting.

FYI, the VW service quoted $620 for parts and labour. Crikey.

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-arteon_window-jpg

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast