Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dinot81 View Post
    a new 3.0 VR6 (300kw) engine that VW is awaiting to be approved for production.
    More on this please! Any idea if it will be Naturally Aspirated, or going turbo like everything else these days?
    B7 Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model Candy White DSG

Users Country Flag
    I seriously doubt there are any plans for a new vanilla V6 to be developed - the whole reason the current Passats are scoring the 206kW engine is because the old V6 no longer met emission requirements and they elected not to pursue further development of it (at a time when they had the cash to do so).

I understand there is talk of a hybrid V6 powertrain in the pipeline which presumably would also power things like VW Atlas in the USA but 100% it would be turbocharged. No manufacturer would be developing na sixes anymore for performance use.

Pricing on the Arteon will be critical, there is heavy talk of how they want it compared to the 4 series GC, which means it will likely be overpriced. This is a good looking VW, but the A5 sportback is a much better design and the interior kicks the Passat/Arteon out of the park. It's up to the individual if they're willing to pay that premium here - but plenty have lower down the rung R v S3.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicAU View Post
    More on this please! Any idea if it will be Naturally Aspirated, or going turbo like everything else these days?
    For now its sit and wait. VW in China already offer the 3.0l VR6 with approx 175kw and this would be likely a turbo or twin-turbo if released. The engine would suit larger cars like Q7 and Touareg as well. Future will tell.

2015 Tiguan 130TDI R-Line, Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    I seriously doubt there are any plans for a new vanilla V6 to be developed - the whole reason the current Passats are scoring the 206kW engine is because the old V6 no longer met emission requirements and they elected not to pursue further development of it (at a time when they had the cash to do so).

I understand there is talk of a hybrid V6 powertrain in the pipeline which presumably would also power things like VW Atlas in the USA but 100% it would be turbocharged. No manufacturer would be developing na sixes anymore for performance use.

Pricing on the Arteon will be critical, there is heavy talk of how they want it compared to the 4 series GC, which means it will likely be overpriced. This is a good looking VW, but the A5 sportback is a much better design and the interior kicks the Passat/Arteon out of the park. It's up to the individual if they're willing to pay that premium here - but plenty have lower down the rung R v S3.
    Arteon will be expensive as is because for our market the CC was only offered fully optioned and 2 top engine variants of each diesel and petrol. In europe, CC base models were much cheaper, had more range on engines and equipment levels. They didn't even have multifunction steering wheels and radios were the ones from base mk6. I personally would not even consider spending that kind of money on a VW because I can easily buy something from the prestige market with better quality. This is just my opinion.

Users Country Flag
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dinot81 View Post
    Arteon will be expensive as is because for our market the CC was only offered fully optioned and 2 top engine variants of each diesel and petrol. In europe, CC base models were much cheaper, had more range on engines and equipment levels. They didn't even have multifunction steering wheels and radios were the ones from base mk6. I personally would not even consider spending that kind of money on a VW because I can easily buy something from the prestige market with better quality. This is just my opinion.

I remember noticing that all Passat CCs that I have seen in europe had halogen headlights, and they looked so ugly... I thought to myself, I would've not bought mine without the bi-xenon headlights...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    I remember noticing that all Passat CCs that I have seen in europe had halogen headlights, and they looked so ugly... I thought to myself, I would've not bought mine without the bi-xenon headlights...
    It's because over there everything is optional, I'm surprised cars come with wheels lol.
    In europe, for example the rear view cameras are optional on all models, they start from 400 euros and onwards. The new Tiguan, only available with Trailer Assist which will set you back at least 935 euros. If you order sat nav only, still pay extra for camera. Audi S8 Plus which starts from 146,000€, camera is 500€. Cars for Oz have higher equipment level, even our base models are much better equipped then overseas. But on the other side we miss out on some gadgets that are not offered at all to us. I think that unless VW offers more variants in terms of equipment levels, Arteon could end up like the CC with low sales figures or even stopped from being sold.

Last edited by dinot81; 05-04-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Looks like VW are planning four fully-electric models by 2020: Will VW pose the biggest threat to the Tesla Model 3? | Autoweek

"Industry analysts have speculated the fourth model may be a Passat-sized premium sedan to challenge the Tesla Model 3 and other newcomers."
    - I really hope that the "Passat-sized premium sedan" is alluding to a (fast) fully-electric Arteon! ... it may be wise to hold off on the Tesla Model 3 plans for the time being =)
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Users Country Flag
    Orders have opened in the French market, ranging from around $55K (EUR37,800) for the base variant to ~$83K (EUR57,420) for an R-Line Exclusive 280HP or ~$85K (EUR58.900) for an R-Line Exclusive BiTurbo Diesel 240HP.

No mention of an electric drive-train, yet =P

https://qtelegram.com/volkswagen-has...arts-from/4754

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Orders have opened in the French market, ranging from around $55K (EUR37,800) for the base variant to ~$83K (EUR57,420) for an R-Line Exclusive 280HP or ~$85K (EUR58.900) for an R-Line Exclusive BiTurbo Diesel 240HP.

No mention of an electric drive-train, yet =P

https://qtelegram.com/volkswagen-has...arts-from/4754
    German market kicks off from 39,625€ ($57,500) to 64,130€ ($93,080) for fully optioned 206TSI. Bi-Tdi adds another 2,250€ ($3,265) on top of 206TSI. If you live in the EU, it's worth buying your car from another EU country. Most are cheaper than Germany.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast