Thread: Speed limit

Users Country Flag

Speed limit

I found the way to show the speed limit. Although it's not necessarily up to date or accurate (I'm guessing it may take 1 or 2 hundred metres to change in a new speed zone). I don't rely on it, but it's fantastic when I have totally forgotten the speed limit, or not noticed a speed sign. Obviously it won't have temporary speed restrictions.

Open navigation, go to settings at the bottom left, the Route Guidance, Road Signs, then switch on "Show on map".
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Users Country Flag

I found this by accident the other day as I was looking through the menus for Navigation. Tried it out for a bit, and found the little “ping” sounds to be really quiet (not sure if it’s just me).

Think I’ll continue to use Waze for speed alerts - it’s a real shame our cars don’t come with auto-speed sign recognition!