Thread: Aus spec Golf 8 GTI missing IQ.Light?

Users Country Flag

Aus spec Golf 8 GTI missing IQ.Light?

I've recently purchased a Golf mk8 GTI and was disappointed to find that it's missing the IQ.Light feature that Euro and US specs seem to have. It has auto high-beam but not the Matrix LED Headlights.

I was wondering if I am missing a setting and it does have this? But if I'm right and it doesn't have this feature, is there somewhere that I am able to compare what's missing in the Aus spec GTIs?

Users Country Flag

No Aussie-spec Golfs have IQ.Light. I really wanted it. Perhaps it may come on the R. However, my R-Line and your GTI have "LED Performance headlights", "Light Assist" and "cornering light". I've been amazed how it automatically changes high and low beam. Also the way it lights around the corner when you turn on your indicator. Therefore I'm quite happy our cars have a pretty smart headlight system. It amazes my friends. Anyway, to quote from the Golf brochure:

LED performance headlights for low and high beam with unique LED daytime driving light signature and automatic self-leveling
    and:

Light Assist provides enhanced comfort and safety on the road by means of automatic high beam control. A camera on the interior mirror observes the traffic above 60 km/h and in complete darkness, Light Assist automatically switches on the high beam headlights. The system detects vehicles travelling ahead, as well as oncoming traffic and automatically dips the headlights before they are dazzled. Automatic alternation between high beam and low beam headlights ensures optimum illumination of the road ahead.
    I am unaware of a comparison of what's missing from Aussie spec Golfs. We do miss a few things, such as Car2X (which is not likely to happen in Australia due to our small population and the cost of the government installing various gear for Car2X in our massive country). On the other hand, there are many, many things in our Golfs that are optional extras in most countries, but included as standard here, e.g. some extra airbags, park assist, rear view camera, Discover Pro, spare tyre, etc.

When I compared our prices with overseas prices (e.g. UK and Germany), our Golfs are priced much lower, so I think we have much better value here.
    Last edited by Cyberman; 16-11-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.