Thread: Mk8 OE Wheels

Users Country Flag

Mk8 OE Wheels

Maybe it's just my taste but I can't see any OE wheels on any Mk8 variant (Golf, Life, RLine or Gti) that I don't consider to be ugleee.

https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/con...f%2Fgolf%22%7D

https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/con...golf-gti%22%7D

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    I guess everyone has different tastes. The R-Line in Australia comes with Bergamo 18" wheels, which I think are the most stunning wheels. Even my friends have commented how much they like them - and I'm not telling them exactly what I ordered

Users Country Flag
    The standard wheels on the Mk8 GTI are horrendous. One of the ugliest rims i've seen and they look like they belong on a hybrid of some sort which always seem to have the ugliest rims. Not sporty in the slightest and do not suit the car at all.

In saying this, some of the optional GTI rims (or perhaps they are reserved for the Performance/Clubsport models) are much better than the standard GTI rims.

Mk8 OE Wheels-mk8-gti-jpg

The Mk8 R rims are quite nice for an OEM rim, they just need some spacers to push them outwards to fill the guards more.

Mk8 OE Wheels-mk8-r-jpg
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Had the chance to look over a GTi in the showroom while my Polo GTi was getting serviced and the OE wheels/tyres are long way inside the guards. So much so that they look a bit silly to me. I don't think 1 or even 2 sizes are going to be enough, looks like more like 255's would fit and fill.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST