Thread: Reverse Camera Flashing

Users Country Flag

Reverse Camera Flashing

In case anyone else has the same issue, my reverse camera occasionally goes all disco and flashes on and off for a few seconds. I managed to record it with my phone, and VW Service have replicated the issue and confirmed with VW. So it's now pending an update.
    Mk8 Golf GTI

My GTI also does this, I've had it black out completely.
    I think there's some documentation of this issue overseas also.
    MY21 Golf MK8 GTI | Kings Red Metallic | all options |
    MY16 Golf MK7 GTI PP | White | With Leather |
    MY11 Golf MK6 GTI DSG | CW | 5dr | Bi-Xenons | ACC | 18" Detroits | RNS510 with Dynaudio| RVC | MDI |

Users Country Flag
    Oh... I had the same thing! Has anyone heard, maybe there's a fan program: find three mistakes - get a reward?

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear VW is looking into this ! I’ve experienced this and a black screen on a few occasions.

Users Country Flag
    I haven't had a problem. (3.5 months, 4,000km, plenty of reversing).
    R-Line. I'm suspicious there's a difference in the software between the models, as my is really great (and I'm usually the first to whinge). Sometimes I try to wipe the rear camera view off the screen to access something else, but I haven't learned how to change it back to the camera view.

Only problem is my own patience when I go to the car and it takes a bit longer to boot up the operating system than I sometimes want, when I'm in a hurry to program the GPS. Probably if I would wait 10 seconds it would be fine.
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Interesting temporary fix to stop the reverse camera from flashing by adjusting the Brightness or contrast:-
    Temporary fix reverse camera???? - YouTube
    Software Update | Page 11 | GOLFMK8 - VW GTI MK8 Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MK8 Forum / VW e-Golf Forum

My understanding is there's software fix coming at some stage, but I'll try this and see if it helps with my car.
    MY21 Golf MK8 GTI | Kings Red Metallic | all options |
    MY16 Golf MK7 GTI PP | White | With Leather |
    MY11 Golf MK6 GTI DSG | CW | 5dr | Bi-Xenons | ACC | 18" Detroits | RNS510 with Dynaudio| RVC | MDI |