Thread: Pomelo Yellow

Users Country Flag

Pomelo Yellow

Is the Australian golf mk 8 "Pomelo Yellow" really different to the "Lime Yellow" sold in Europe? I've not found the Pomelo colour mentioned on other VW websites around the world.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I just got confirmation from VW Australia that the Pomelo yellow is the same as the Lime yellow overseas. I guess I tend to think of lime as being green ("lime green"). I'm not sure what to think of this colour (as I really like bright colours), especially worried about reselling it in about 8 years. For me, the other colours are boring or too dark. I think I should look at other makes (pity as I've had 3 Golfs over about 20 years, and loved them).

Users Country Flag
    If you are keeping for 8 years then would you rather live with the colour you want or have a colour that you don't and get a thousand $$ more?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    If you are keeping for 8 years then would you rather live with the colour you want or have a colour that you don't and get a thousand $$ more?
    This - by a thousand times. Just buy the colour you like best.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

In a local dealer I saw a sample of the Pomelo Yellow (in German "Limonengelb C1C1, Metallic L1W"), which looks stunning (shiny metallic yellow with just a touch of green, making it "wow").
    To me it looks even better than the new Kings Red ("Kings Red P8P8, Metallic C3J"), which is really good.