Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK8 Infotainment System

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    Interesting he doesn't use any voice commands, wondering if it's been deleted on US cars.
    No, it hasn't been deleted for the US. Like my VW dealer, he just doesn't realise it's there. I can see it's there as the right cluster on the steering wheel has the voice command symbol (top left).

BTW, there are many shortcuts you can set to the swipe-down quick access menu on the MIB. Below is a shot of some. I really like that I've been able to add the air recirculation mode. In my mk7 it was a tiny button somewhere down very low in the array of buttons, and I could never find it until it was too late, or not at all. Therefore for me the mk8 is much easier, quicker and safer as it's just below my eye line.
    MK8 Infotainment System-img_2547-jpg

Good tips cyberman, seems like the system can create a number of shortcuts which will make it even easier using the new system.

The whole system does look a lot better than the 7.5, switching between the two at photos the 7.5 is starting to look a bit dated.

Users Country Flag

Regarding the Harman/Kardon sound system, I played a youtube video on it (Subwoofer Test Extreme), and found the H/K was able to pump bass sounds at good volume down to 30Hz, whereas most home hi-fi systems don't go much below 80Hz, or maybe 50Hz for a really good one.
    Glad I got the H/K in the package with the head-up display
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12