Thread: Mk8 Golf Missing Auto Hold Handbrake

Mk8 Golf Missing Auto Hold Handbrake

So just took a trip to the dealership today and learnt that the Mk8 golf does not have the Auto Hold Handbrake function. It is introduced at GTI level and I think it's because of the lack of DSG.

What is more strange, if you use the adaptive cruise, the car can bring you to a stop (just like auto hold) and you tap the gas pedal to take off.

If the functionality is available with adaptive cruise, why remove the Auto Hold button ?

Otherwise car was absolutely amazing and I loved the wireless Android Auto and wireless charging.

Users Country Flag
    Did you actually see a mk8? They had it on display, or was it what they were telling you about it?

I drove it for an hour on a test drive

Users Country Flag
    Sydney City VW had a GTi demonstrator last Friday. Didn't have time for a test drive, was picking up one of our company cars from service.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

NZ R-Line certainly had auto-hold standard FWIW

Update: Just got mine and it darn well doesn’t have !! Biggest bloody pain I’ve ever come across, their gearbox excuse is nonsense as I had a Tig with slushbox and still had autohold. Trouble with the Golf is if you ease your foot off the brakes to take off the bloody thing leaps forward and you could easy smack the guy in front up the backside, most stupid VW decision ever !!! Car is overloaded with electronics but no auto hold !! Dum !! Have contacted Kufatec to see if they can provide an aftermarket update kit.
    Last edited by NZTiguan; 29-05-2022 at 12:10 PM.
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTiguan View Post
    NZ R-Line certainly had auto-hold standard FWIW

Update: Just got mine and it darn well doesn’t have !! Biggest bloody pain I’ve ever come across, their gearbox excuse is nonsense as I had a Tig with slushbox and still had autohold. Trouble with the Golf is if you ease your foot off the brakes to take off the bloody thing leaps forward and you could easy smack the guy in front up the backside, most stupid VW decision ever !!! Car is overloaded with electronics but no auto hold !! Dum !! Have contacted Kufatec to see if they can provide an aftermarket update kit.
    Hi Derek, were you able to retrofit the auto hold function? Thanks.

Not so far. Kufatec make kits for most previous models of Golf but I’ve yet to find it for the mk8. I’d certainly still like to do it, have got more used to not having it but the one in the Tig was such a pleasure to use I’d do it in a heartbeat. That and an electric hatch !! You can get an electric hatch but it’s about $800 at this point.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NZTiguan View Post
    Not so far. Kufatec make kits for most previous models of Golf but I’ve yet to find it for the mk8. I’d certainly still like to do it, have got more used to not having it but the one in the Tig was such a pleasure to use I’d do it in a heartbeat. That and an electric hatch !! You can get an electric hatch but it’s about $800 at this point.

Cheers
    That sucks, wish there will be some aftermarket mods in the future
    Last edited by DanBird; 29-08-2023 at 10:19 PM.