Thread: Mk8 discounts

Users Country Flag

Mk8 discounts

Has anyone tried or been successful in getting a discount on their pre-order of the mk8 Golf, please? Any tips for getting discounts? I've heard the new car market is hard to get discounts due to the pandemic and people having more time to buy things. Pre-orders on the VWA website seem to have disappeared.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Apparently there's a VW "campaign discount" of $595 at the moment.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I've ordered my R-Line (fully optioned with sunroof, sound & vision pack, and the most expensive colour "Pomelo Yellow").

I was having difficulty with the price ($46,453 less discount), but then I researched and found it is not much more than the similar options in a mk7.5 ($45,143), the the mk8 has a whole lot more tech and standard equipment.

The UK VW configurator website with a similar (as near as I can make it) level of equipment converted to $58,500 (in manual, so the auto there would be $61,200).

The German VW website with a similar level of equipment converted to $60,500 (in manual, so the auto would be about $63,700).

No wonder the reviews in Europe say it's only a little extra for the Audi A3.
    The GST/VAT rates in Europe are 20% in the UK, or 19% in Germany, compared to our 10% GST.

Wow. We're lucky in Australia.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    Apparently there's a VW "campaign discount" of $595 at the moment.
    When my salesperson keyed in the $600 "discount code" it added $2k to the price. He said something was broken with the quoting system.
    Mk8 Golf GTI