Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk 8 Golf GTI infotainment sound problems

Really!? Annoying how they’re well aware of the problem.
    Last edited by Barryjohn75; 03-11-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryjohn75 View Post
    Next step for me is ACCC
    I don't think it's an issue or a fault as such, I actually think it's a deliberate design/engineering choice, to not allow the sound to distort.

What, to barely be able to hear the stereo over the road noise? Save your hearing?
    Last edited by Barryjohn75; 03-11-2022 at 12:33 PM.

I wonder why the difference between the R and the R-Line. I have none of these issues on the R-Line and can even go hands free for about 30 seconds before it warns me to put a hand on the wheel. Or is it a difference between requirements on NZ vs Ausi ? Same thing in stereo (yes I realise the R probably has a different version than mine), you couldn’t sit in mine on 100% volume, it would shake your teeth out. This isn’t a sound limit being put in by peoples iPhones or such is it ? as that is an available iOS setting. It all just sounds (or doesn’t sound lol) so counterintuitive in two versions of the same vehicle and I can’t figure why that would be.
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Response from VE

I have confirmed with the dealership that the issue with the infotainment system and the rattles and squeaks concerns have still not been stated to the dealership.

Please be advised that the best course of action for these kind of issues will be to present the vehicles in front of one of our dealerships so that they can diagnose the issue further.

As previously advised, without a full diagnostic, we are unable to determine the fault of the vehicle and this will result in us not being able to advise you on the next steps for assistance. A diagnosis fee is chargeable by the dealership and it is in place for the service team members time and effort to diagnose the vehicle. Should the diagnosis confirm that it is a manufacturing concern, our Dealer partners can submit an warranty claim on your behalf, and they may include the diagnosis fee with the claim.
    Moving forward, the dealership can best assist you further. If you have any other enquiries, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you for the opportunity to comment and we trust this clarifies our position on the matter.

Kind Regards

Melova
    Customer Experience Ambassador
    Last edited by Barryjohn75; 03-11-2022 at 12:34 PM.

They refer you back to the dealer and the merri-go-round continues.
    Last edited by Barryjohn75; 03-11-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Hate to say it but you better not buy any new vehicle because many of the dealers have that attitude these days. It’s your dealer that’s the problem and possibly they have an issue with you and your approach to the problem. Let’s face it, they have no idea if anything is actually wrong with the vehicle unless they do the diagnosis, you’re not driving a Massey Ferguson tractor (or the equivalent 5 year old Ford !!). The system is as it is for a reason and you just need to work within it without putting everybody’s back up. To decide you’ll never buy another VW because they, like every manufacturer on earth, want to charge a diagnostic fee is not helping anything !!
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryjohn75 View Post
    JMy advice-NEVER EVER buy a new VW Vehicle!!
    It doesn't sound as bad as Jaguar Australia. When I went to privately sell the car with a month of its warranty left, for verification I phoned Jaguar. The told me the warranty had already run out. They told me the date a first warranty claim was made, and reckoned it started from that date. I pointed out that was impossible because that date of that "claim" was the month before the date on the Australian compliance plate. They stuck to their guns. How f'ing stupid.

Users Country Flag
    did you get a reply and sort the problem?

Refuse to pay a diagnostic fee in a few month old car, to have multiple faults looked at that they will ultimately refuse to fix anyway. Can’t live with it so I’ve took the hit and sold the car. Like I said, I will never touch another VW again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast