Thread: Just saying Hi

Just saying Hi

Hi

Derek here from NZ. Used to be on the Tiguan forum here for many years. Had 3 Tiguans over the years and my wife drives a Polo. We’re both retired now and looked seriously at T-Roc BUT the new model coming to NZ this year is not 4motion or 2litre so it’s not worth paying extra for. Anyway we’re trading the Tig and the Polo for a 22 Mk8 R-Line which is on its way from the North Island so we should see it in a few weeks. Interests me on line the number of people who don’t like the switch less system ….. seems they find it just fine on in a Tesla !!! I’m an oldie but love modern electronics, park-assist, adaptive cruise, drive-assist, lane-assist etc etc I just love it and let’s face it we all work our switchless keyboardless cell phones all day long !! Anyway we’re really looking forward to the new Golf, love all its bells and whistles and really pleased to have found a metallic red one to stand out from the huge number of grey and silver cars. Hope to be some use on the forum here and look forward to making new friends as we did with the Tigs. We’re a few weeks from pick up but would love to hear any tips and tricks from existing owners. Guess the Ausi and NZ models will vary but that’s part of the fun.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Users Country Flag
    I don't think there's much difference in specs at all, so reading this forum should be good. Enjoy your new car.
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Thanks Cyberman. The only really specific difference I’ve noticed so far is the R-Line here has the heads up display standard and the extra package is just sunroof and stereo, which I’m not getting. All the available ones here at the moment are basic as they were ordered by dealers rather than individuals. If you want to have one built for you you’ll be waiting for close to a year !! So we just took what we could get in a colour that we liked and stood out from the grey crowd.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017