Thread: Headlight settings

Users Country Flag

Headlight settings

Have a made a blue, playing with my car and selected my headlights to point in the wrong direction? "Driving on the right". I seem to remember people in the UK having their cars confuse left & right (or was it kms vs miles).
    Headlight settings-img_2740-jpg
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    Oh my, this question has been asked for years and years...
    Switch back to "Driving on the left" my friend...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

I did this, I think there's a bug in the GUI.
    If I remember you need to select "Driving on the Right first", then select "Driving on the Left" for it to remember the setting.
    MY21 Golf MK8 GTI | Kings Red Metallic | all options |
    MY16 Golf MK7 GTI PP | White | With Leather |
    MY11 Golf MK6 GTI DSG | CW | 5dr | Bi-Xenons | ACC | 18" Detroits | RNS510 with Dynaudio| RVC | MDI |

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Having taken it to the dealer, it seems impossible to change that setting. It seems that VW Germany has set the Australian cars so it can't be changed, to avoid someone playing and causing an unnecessary problem. It's unnecessary as we're in a continent that only drives on the left, so it should never need changing.

The service guy suggested I shine the headlights on a wall at night. When dipped the right light should be lower than the left (so it doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic). Sure enough, he's right. Despite the apparent setting, the right headlamp is dipped.