Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf R VIII - Ownership First Impressions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mdez View Post
    The only downside is that it is tuned for 400nm instead of the 420nm of euro spec. I assume this is because they mandate 98 fuel whereas we can use 95.
    The R specifies 98 octane in Australia.

Users Country Flag
    My petrol door says I can use 95 as minimum. I always use 98 though but I believe the non OPF versions are the US/international spec that can use a wider range of fuel.

Also worth noting is that the non OPF versions are only for initial run in Australia. In future they will get the OPF and at that stage they will be 98 again. So this first batch of MK8 R without the OPF will be rare
    Last edited by mdez; 08-09-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Golf R VIII - Ownership First Impressions

Has anyone located the build date / paint code tag on their car ? I’ve looked everywhere I think without success.
    There’s a black sticker on the driver’s side ‘B’ pillar which has the VIN no. only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    My sticker with date/colour is on the passenger B pillar (but it may have changed as mine was built over a year ago, plus it's the R-Line), as per photo:
    Golf R VIII - Ownership First Impressions-2022-09-09-16-41-57-smudged-jpg

Golf R VIII - Ownership First Impressions

I spoke with the VW dealership late this afternoon, was told all new models don’t have this grey sticker (usually on driver’s side B pillar) with info anymore. They then sent me a computer monitor screenshot which included paint code (surprisingly different to my previous 2014 Lapiz blue golf R) and build date March 2022, delivered 1st August.
    It seems that VW are doing their best to make it more difficult for the non-dealership mechanic to conduct any future servicing.

Last edited by Jacs8; 09-09-2022 at 08:56 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacs8 View Post
    They then sent me a computer monitor screenshot which included paint code (surprisingly different to my previous 2014 Lapiz blue golf R)
    Hey mate can you please share the screenshot of the lapiz blue colour paint code? mine is also lapiz

Golf R VIII - Ownership First Impressions-68439280474__0c29e7bf-5925-4929-9fdd-c6fd877c7f03-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Spoke to VW yesterday to place an order for Golf Type R, Just upgraded to Harmon sound system as not a fan of sun roof, They will send the quotation on Monday to place the order, their is apparently 12 Months wait on Golf R.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wild View Post
    Spoke to VW yesterday to place an order for Golf Type R, Just upgraded to Harmon sound system as not a fan of sun roof, They will send the quotation on Monday to place the order, their is apparently 12 Months wait on Golf R.
    Probably worth waiting for the 8.5 R should be released November 2023
    Last edited by rosslm; 01-11-2022 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Adjustment
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12