Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf R Delivery Dates

Users Country Flag

Golf R Delivery Dates

Has anyone received a delivery time on their Golf R as yet?

I ordered my Wagon in Jan and was told "around" July but haven't had an update as yet.

Has anyone else had any updates?
    On Order: Mk 8 Golf R Wagon | Lapiz Blue | Panoramic Roof
    Wifes car: 2020 Tiguan R line - all the fruit
    Past: R36 Wagon | Icelandic Grey | auto tail | rear camera | sunroof | nav | dynaudio | adaptive cruise

Don’t know if it will be coming to Ausi but fwiw our R-line is on the HOEGH COPENHAGEN which is heading for Auckland at the end of this month. We then have to wait until the car gets delivered from Auckland to Dunedin and then goes through prep. If you can find out what vessel yours is coming on you can trace it through this link which is currently set for the one bringing ours but you can search for any ship.

HOEGH COPENHAGEN, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9420057 - VesselFinder

Also fwiw we were told that Golf production has ceased for 12 months due to the war in the Ukraine. Evidently Golf wiring looms come from there and that plus covid plus the world wide chip issue has caused VW to shut the Golf line. Now that’s only what we’ve been told in NZ and it could be a fairy tale !!
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTiguan View Post
    Also fwiw we were told that Golf production has ceased for 12 months due to the war in the Ukraine. Evidently Golf wiring looms come from there and that plus covid plus the world wide chip issue has caused VW to shut the Golf line.
    OMG. If that's true, that's a shocker. VW will have to arrange suppliers from another country.
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTiguan View Post
    Also fwiw we were told that Golf production has ceased for 12 months due to the war in the Ukraine. Evidently Golf wiring looms come from there and that plus covid plus the world wide chip issue has caused VW to shut the Golf line. Now that’s only what we’ve been told in NZ and it could be a fairy tale !!
    Past: R36 Wagon | Icelandic Grey | auto tail | rear camera | sunroof | nav | dynaudio | adaptive cruise

FWIW my R-Line arrived as scheduled into Auckland two days ago and the HOEGH COPENHAGEN it came on is heading for Melbourne. Schedule is Melbourne on the 5th, Port Kembla on the 9th, and Brisbane on the 12th so if any of you have your vehicles on it they’re nearly there.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra

Users Country Flag
    Ordered Mk8 R hatch, ETA is Feb 2023.
    2018 Golf GTI DSG (DAP LUX INFO R-TAILS)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by crainger View Post
    Ordered Mk8 R hatch, ETA is Feb 2023.
    You could have waited until tomorrow and got the 20th anniversary edition?

btw.. How do you find living in Coffs? Considering a move there.

Rang three dealers today - all three said March 2023 for R Wagon.

Would have to say that anything that far out is a guess at best. From what I’ve read it will take more than a year just to catch up with existing orders once supplies comes right and that in itself could take ?????? I’m a happy I managed to find an R-Line that was actually built and so there was no guess work involved and even then it took 4 months to get it (I pick it up Saturday).

Interesting side note, just heard they can’t even get trailer wiring looms from the factory at the moment so my tow bar will be fitted but no wiring !! Two mates in USA with Tiguans can’t get windscreens and have been waiting 4 months already !! Just shows how supplies are going.
    Last edited by NZTiguan; 25-05-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Derek
    Alexandra

Users Country Flag

Just put down a deposit on a Mk8 R Wagon, plus the upgraded stereo - delivery around April next year apparently . I wanted to get in the Q. The wait begins. I’ve done the wait twice before from factory so not bothered.

I sat in a R Mk8 hatch, interior is great, seats are better than Mk7.5. Played with the infotainment, fast, responsive, slick; the firmware and hardware updates have worked.

Also had the 7.5 R as a trade in valued at MORE than when I drove it out of the dealer lot 2 years ago. Strange market!
    Last edited by langs_sydney; 08-06-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast