Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf R Delivery Dates

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by deano646 View Post
    You could have waited until tomorrow and got the 20th anniversary edition?

btw.. How do you find living in Coffs? Considering a move there.
    I spent 6 months house sitting in Coffs and couldnt wait to get back to QLD. Boring as Bat s**t nothing to do and after youve been up Waterfall Way no where to go. Just our personal opinion as we had no ties to the place.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Golf R Delivery Dates

See below
    Last edited by Jacs8; 13-06-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Golf R Delivery Dates

Hi all, ordered a fully optioned lapiz blue Golf R mid 2021 from Rockdale Sydney, finally been informed its on the Hoegh NY docking Port Kembla 15/6/22, minus the HK sound system unfortunately. I was also informed if I wanted to wait for one with HK System, it was more than likely 9-12 months with no guarantee.
    I picked it up from the dealership 1/8/2022.
    Last edited by Jacs8; 03-08-2022 at 10:17 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Finally got an update from my dealer and my Jan 2022 ordered vehicle is scheduled for Feb 2023 build and then May 2023 delivery but that is just an estimate!

Is specced with Pano roof and HK sound so have asked if I remove HK does that make any difference?

Bloody hell.
    On Order: Mk 8 Golf R Wagon | Lapiz Blue | Panoramic Roof
    Wifes car: 2020 Tiguan R line - all the fruit
    Past: R36 Wagon | Icelandic Grey | auto tail | rear camera | sunroof | nav | dynaudio | adaptive cruise

Users Country Flag
    Some friends of mine have a T-Roc with the standard sound system, and they reckon it's crap. I don't know if the Golf R's sound is different.

My R-line has the HK sound, and I've been thrilled to bits with it. The subwoofer fills the spare wheel in the boot. Easily the best sound system in a car I've had, and I've had cars including Porsche, Audi, Jaguar, BMW.

See if you can do a test run in a Golf with the base sound system (or at least sit in one). I suggest take a USB-C stick with music you're familiar with. Try it in your existing car, then try it in the new Golf.

Users Country Flag
    Stock sound on my mk8 R is pretty good. loud and plenty of bass for me and I find I don't turn it up as much as my Tiguan because I want to hear the rumbles and engine for shifting gears. Im sure the HK is much better though but I wasn't going to wait for it.
    Last edited by mdez; 25-08-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Finally got an update from my dealer and my Jan 2022 ordered vehicle is scheduled for Feb 2023 build and then May 2023 delivery but that is just an estimate!

Is specced with Pano roof and HK sound so have asked if I remove HK does that make any difference?

Bloody hell.
    That sure is a long wait time! I ordered 2nd week of August and my car was built 12th September and is now waiting for shipping. No options on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_A View Post
    That sure is a long wait time! I ordered 2nd week of August and my car was built 12th September and is now waiting for shipping. No options on mine.

Hang on.....you ordered August 2022 and was built the next month? Only options on an R are Roof and sound. I asked if those were removed would it make any difference and was told no?
    On Order: Mk 8 Golf R Wagon | Lapiz Blue | Panoramic Roof
    Wifes car: 2020 Tiguan R line - all the fruit
    Past: R36 Wagon | Icelandic Grey | auto tail | rear camera | sunroof | nav | dynaudio | adaptive cruise

Hang on.....you ordered August 2022 and was built the next month? Only options on an R are Roof and sound. I asked if those were removed would it make any difference and was told no?
    That’s correct! I’ve got a 14yr relationship with my dealer and bought many cars in that time.

It took them two weeks to find a car, and in that time they were able to secure two cars scheduled for build late August/September, White or blue no options.

I have no idea what strings they pulled, but they did it for me. The hold up now is shipping. Looks like it’s leaving Bremerhaven 26th October in Brisbane 25th December. January delivery.

MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Same here, because I had two low km VWs to trade that they wanted plus they’d sold me 4 in the past they “found” one that was already built and sitting in Germany so it was just a matter of waiting for freight. No options of course. If I wanted a “special” I was talking at least 12 months before a build date ! and no guarantees. So anybody who’s prepared to wait will do just that … wait !! Once your hooked that’s it. If you cancel there’s others who will take your car.
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast