Thread: First Service

Users Country Flag

First Service

My Golf is going in for its first service tomorrow (12 months, 10,000 km). Just wondering if there is anything I should get done (and perhaps some way to prompt them to do a software update).

The only problems I recall having are three error messages:
    "Unavailable: Manoeuvre braking."
    "Error: Park distance control."
    "Exit warning system and Rear Traffic Alert are currently unavailable."
    They only go off if I pull up and turn off the car.

I have paid for the 5 years servicing, but I'm not sure how much that covers.
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I took my Golf in for service. It appears they don't automatically install the latest software. You need to have a specific problem that is known to be fixed in the newer software.

With that in mind, I suggest making careful note of any error message you've had, and give them that list when you make the booking. The service manager was bewildered by all the error messages I had failed to mention when booking the service.

The errors/error messages I told them about were:
    (1) (and probably most likely to prompt a software update) is the car messing up the change to daylight saving, and putting the clock backward an hour instead of forward, and is not easy to work around. If you live in a state without daylight saving, you could mention you sometimes drive in a state with daylight saving.
    (2) "Unavailable: Manoeuvre braking".
    (3) "Error: Park distance control."
    (4) "Front assist ability is limited"
    (5) "Exit warning system and Rear Traffic Alert are currently unavailable."

Users Country Flag
    I brought my Golf in for its first service 2 weeks ago, and also raised the issue about the clock not adjusting to the correct time during Daylight Savings. I got the same response as you - they were unable to update the software unless there’s a campaign or recall for our vehicle/VIN.

They suggested keeping an eye on the following page, as there will hopefully be a software update in the future to address these problems:

Service Campaigns and Recalls | Volkswagen Australia

Users Country Flag

Service times are 12 months or 15,000km whichever comes first, unless they have changed it recently

They wont update firmware on either VW or Skoda unless unit has a problem as I have asked at both when getting a service done.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 20-08-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan