Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving

Users Country Flag

Daylight Saving

Today Daylight Saving started here in SA. My Golf 8 was smart enough to recognise the switch, so the dashboard showed me a message to that effect. Unfortunately it turned the clock BACK an hour, instead of forward. I changed the time & date from Automatic to Manual, set the time, then went back to Auto, but still the same problem. So now I have set it to Manual.

Anyone else?
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Am I the only one with a mk8 Golf here??? Is there another forum I should be looking in?

Most likely Golf 8 enthusiasts will appear over time however due to the limited quantity and availability in Australia to date you may be better off looking to overseas forums.
    I find a real lack of numbers with the T-Roc here so I am active on some UK ones as they seem to have the same options we generally have. There are a few dedicated MK8 ones out there which may suit you, just try some out.

In the mean time Cyberman, keep posting your questions and if you get answers please post as well. The more information available the better we all can understand the Volkswagen product.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    Am I the only one with a mk8 Golf here??? Is there another forum I should be looking in?
    I am yet to see one on the road, btw...what model do you have and how is it ?

Users Country Flag
    I’ve seen two MK8 Golfs in the flesh. One at a dealership showroom, and a GTI at the dealer workshop when taking the Passat Alltrack to have the boot struts fixed.

We’ll likely be skipping the MK8 until VW fix the MIB3 unit, or maybe look towards other brands.
    2018 Golf R (Ticks all the boxes, really, really well)
    2021 Passat Alltrack (not so) Premium
    2017 Tiguan R-Line (Sold, and missing it.)
    BNE Qld

Users Country Flag
    Mine also eventually went backwards. I assume it's because I'm in Sydney, and it doesn't have a time zone for us.
    It "automatically" detects that we are in the Japan/Korea time zone.
    Last edited by ill0gitech; 05-10-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Updated
    Mk8 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    It has to be posted:

Daylight Saving-g1n5828bx5l21-jpg

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    what model do you have and how is it ?
    I have the R-Line, fully loaded (with sunroof, Harman/Kardon and head-up display). I was expecting all sorts of things to go wrong, including hating the touch screen and the touch controls on the steering wheel. However it's turned out to be much, much better than I expected. The only problem is retraining my brain as the cruise control set/resume are left-right buttons, instead of my mk7 which had them as down-up buttons.

I went from the mk7 Comfortline to the mk8 R-Line, and the suspension is brilliant, in fact it seems to soak up bumps better. I sold my old car privately about 2 weeks after the mk8 was delivered, so was able to compare them. The difference is night and day. The mk7 seems very old fashioned. I prefer the torque converter auto to the DSG. It's very quiet & smooth. I usually can't tell when the gears change (unlike the mk7).

A couple of things the salesman didn't know about when I took delivery – (1) voice control by saying "Hello Volkswagen"; and (2) the ability to play videos on the central touch screen when parked (e.g. when waiting to pick up someone). I just plug in a USB stick and use the touch screen to go to the folder with the videos.

Concerning the looks, I think the mk7 is pretty (perhaps a little dated), but the mk8 is handsome, aggressive and sexy. Photos don't do it justice, because in person it's a stunner.
    Daylight Saving-cpw07016f-jpg
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    I have a Mk8 GTI and a similar issue, it went back 2 hours.
    Tired to change the time zone but not active.
    Not sure if it is tied to the SAT NAV, need to check the setting there maybe?

Please phone VW if you have the problem. I've spoken to the dealer and VWA, and they both claim to have not had a report of it yet. I wonder if something else is set for the northern hemisphere that needs to be fixed. At one stage every day the car kept showing me a warning it had the headlights set for driving on the left (but I sorted that out by changing it manually).

As for the time, I had to take it off Automatic date/time set, and set it manually (which is obviously not what VW intended to have to happen, and we pay for, to have done all that programming to enable Automatic adjustments).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast