Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I think we have to try different things. I went to try to change the Time Zone, but it was greyed out (despite Time & Date being changed from Auto to Manual. Next time I started the car the Time Zone was accessible, but it had defaulted to "-12hr International date line west". I changed that to my actual time zone, adjusted the clock. Next time I started the car it had reverted to the -12 hr time zone. Another time I turned on the car it had changed to "Auto" Time & Date!!!
    I seem to be getting nowhere. I think VW needs to fix it. It's not a major thing, at all, but I didn't realise how often I look at the clock on my car. I keep thinking it's 1 or 2 hours earlier than it is.
    This is definitely a VW problem. And the fact that they don't want to solve it is a question... They will solve it in other models! A friend of mine once failed to notice this malfunction and was late for an appointment as a result...
    Last edited by Pokitren; 29-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Edit: Removed.
    Last edited by LukeVW; 02-11-2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Not resolved.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Despite having time on manual, my car changed the time zone. I guess I shouldn't have been cheating by using another time zone, as it probably noticed by GPS I was not in that time zone, so corrected it.

My suggestion is, if the time is the only thing that's not quite right, then that's absolutely amazing, given the huge jump in technology in the Golf 8. Every other car seems prehistoric.

Users Country Flag

nn

Quote Originally Posted by ill0gitech View Post
    Mine also eventually went backwards. I assume it's because I'm in Sydney, and it doesn't have a time zone for us.
    It "automatically" detects that we are in the Japan/Korea time zone.

Users Country Flag
    Welp… with Daylight Savings coming to an end this Sunday, we can switch our clocks back to automatic . Haven’t received any word from VW yet, regarding any software updates for this.

I switched my car back to Auto time (after it decided to put it back an hour on 1st April, April Fools Day, Lol). Who says Germans don't have a sense of humour?

Daylight savings came in today, and despite the update of my Golf, the clock still went backwards an hour instead of forwards. FFS

Users Country Flag
    Here we go again!
    For some reason even the manual time keeps changing back to +9 GMT, and moves the clock back an hour (not set to Auto).

Same problem for me. Every time I override the automatic option by manually entering the time it overrides my override and moves the time back two hours. A not so smart car.

FWIW my NZ 2022 R-Line, set to manual and correct time zone, had to be manually moved forward 1hr as I’ve had to do on all my previous VWs (3 Tiguans and a Polo), and has stayed there perfectly happily ! Presumably the Ausi models are getting some “time signal” from somewhere that’s incorrect. My limited knowledge of electronics just has me going “aaaah how” ? Seems very bizarre to me.
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast