Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    At one stage every day the car kept showing me a warning it had the headlights set for driving on the left (but I sorted that out by changing it manually).
    Also had this with my MK8 GTI, think there's a UI issue in the menu. Selected it de-selected it and haven't had the issue.

Time on mine was also wrong, just changed it manually.
    I've done a full OBEleven scan of my car and I can see the same " Source for synchronization of time: GPS" that's in the UI in the scan but nothing else to really fix it.
    MY21 Golf MK8 GTI | Kings Red Metallic | all options |
    MY16 Golf MK7 GTI PP | White | With Leather |
    MY11 Golf MK6 GTI DSG | CW | 5dr | Bi-Xenons | ACC | 18" Detroits | RNS510 with Dynaudio| RVC | MDI |

Users Country Flag
    Mine did the same,
    just went to Japan time zone, and there is no way of changing it to Australia times zone that I can find.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ill0gitech View Post
    Mine also eventually went backwards. I assume it's because I'm in Sydney, and it doesn't have a time zone for us.
    It "automatically" detects that we are in the Japan/Korea time zone.
    I have been having the exact same issue with mine! Have you found a way to resolve this by any chance yet?

I called VW, and they had no idea what I was talking about and asked me to take it in, so I probably will have to do that at some point, but would rather not.

Users Country Flag
    Same issue here. If you have found a way to fix this, please share.

Users Country Flag
    Same issue here!
    I brought my Mk8 Life into my local VW dealer; they confirmed they had not seen the issue before, and after a few trips back and forth for testing they were unable to resolve it (even with a factory reset). The issue has been escalated to VW Australia, who will apparently provide next steps.
    From the looks of this thread, there may be software update coming our way…

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I think we have to try different things. I went to try to change the Time Zone, but it was greyed out (despite Time & Date being changed from Auto to Manual. Next time I started the car the Time Zone was accessible, but it had defaulted to "-12hr International date line west". I changed that to my actual time zone, adjusted the clock. Next time I started the car it had reverted to the -12 hr time zone. Another time I turned on the car it had changed to "Auto" Time & Date!!!
    I seem to be getting nowhere. I think VW needs to fix it. It's not a major thing, at all, but I didn't realise how often I look at the clock on my car. I keep thinking it's 1 or 2 hours earlier than it is.

Users Country Flag
    Oooo... early adopter... saw a white one in Sydney the other week... my first... I thought it was freaky and futurist looking in YouTube videos but on Sydney roads it looks just like... a VW Golf... thankfully... albeit one with a return to some curves... the Mk7 sometimes looks a little too angled and plain to me, but then I'm still driving a bubbly Mk5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    Am I the only one with a mk8 Golf here??? Is there another forum I should be looking in?
    2005 VW Golf 5 2.0 FSI Comfortline Sports Automatic

Users Country Flag
    Not being able to reset the car time and time zone is one of those things that could drive you crazy for the life of the car... my Mk5 CarPlay unit was stuck on Day Light Savings time for a couple of years... thankfully we've just entered Day Light Saving in NSW for 2021... and we're now ignoring COVID... streets are suddenly packed again. :-/
    2005 VW Golf 5 2.0 FSI Comfortline Sports Automatic

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I think we have to try different things.
    I set mine to manual and set the time to the current time. There is no Sydney/Melbourne time zone, which seems like a ****ty omission. It's not like time zones are hard to get right.
    Mk8 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag

Following my recent visit to VW Servicing, I received confirmation that this bug will be patched in an upcoming software update. They said it will take some time, as there are a number of other patches being worked on too.

In the meantime, I’ve also switched to the manual time setting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast