Thread: DAB+ Digital Radio now standard?

Users Country Flag

DAB+ Digital Radio now standard?

I noticed the September brochure for the Mk8 Golf lists DAB+ Radio as a standard feature now across the range. Having picked up my Golf Life in August (and ordered 6 months prior to this addition), does anyone think there would be any way to get this enabled on my car?

Users Country Flag
    Doubtful. When I picked up my R-line in August I made a comment about it being annoying it doesn't have digital radio. My salesman told me to install an app called "RadioApp" on my phone. Then via Apple CarPlay I can listen to any station through the internet. Yes, the app is CarPlay compatible.
    Golf VIII R-Line MY21.5 fully loaded – sunroof, sound & vision package (head-up display + Harman/Kardon stereo), Pomelo Yellow premium metallic (a.k.a. Lime Yellow in most markets) – ordered 18/3/21, delivered 17/8/21.
    Previous VW group cars: Golf VII Comfortline DSG MY15.5 pacific blue; Golf IV Sport MY04 reflex silver with sunroof; Golf III CL bahama blue; Audi A4 MY95 tornado red; Porsche 928S3 MY85 guards red with sunroof.

2nd the advice on using RadioApp.
    I have DAB+ on my Audi, lots of limitations with reception over FM (or even am).
    Have been using the app on the T-Roc via wireless Android Auto and been impressed with not only the sound quality, but the receiption range.
    You also have the advantage of playing any station regardless of where you are located.
    You do miss out on information pop ups on screen that appears on DAB+ but I don't display the radio screen to use this feature anyway.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your suggestions! I’ll definitely check out RadioApp.

Users Country Flag

My issue is that the car comes standard with AM/FM, but AM doesn't work and VWGA doesn't classify it as a fault so they won't fix it.
    MK7.5 works perfectly MK8 doesn't. App is a work around not a fix.