Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polo GTI Start/Stop

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    I have learnt my lesson.
    No point trying to assist on this forum.
    Much better manners on the VWGolf forum.

Super moderator, wonder what a junior one is like ?
    Was just stating the obvious. Maybe you’ve missed that the warning message comes on every time you restart your car.

I can’t see your fix as useful to others, many would be alarmed by the error message.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    Found a permanent fix for my AW Polo GTI, no coding needed.

I cannot take credit for this as I found the idea on an obscure VW site. The poster said he got it from a VW executive. But it works

On the battery there is a little plug that connects to a sensor, you simply unplug the plug. I have had it done now for several days.
    You do get on warning message similar to warning you to turn on the headlights. The warning message clears automatically after a few seconds or if you press "OK". It only seems to happen once, per day as I can work out.
    This seems to have no affect on anything else.

Chris

Attachment 47189
    Good that you found something that works for you. Personally for the sake of $40 i would have purchased Carsita (or found someone locally who has it) and disabled it that way without having to actually unplug anything, but as long as it works then all good.

Do the Polo GTI's also have the Soundactor thingy? Most people either disable or at least turn down the level on those things as they rattle the dashboard and develop fake engine noise.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Good that you found something that works for you. Personally for the sake of $40 i would have purchased Carsita (or found someone locally who has it) and disabled it that way without having to actually unplug anything, but as long as it works then all good.

Do the Polo GTI's also have the Soundactor thingy? Most people either disable or at least turn down the level on those things as they rattle the dashboard and develop fake engine noise.
    There is a guide here, seems to me like a lot of work when you could just 'pull the plug' on it.

Soundaktor Rattle - How To Guide (Pics Inside) - Guides and How To's - VWROC - VW R Owners Club

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    What seems to be lost on a lot of people is that there are several methods all have different results depending on the car you drive.

Example:- My golf 7.5 "R" coding method results in a perm error message icon on the electronic display. Unplugging the Battery voltage sensor just gives one flash message that goes away after about few seconds. If you blink you will miss it. I also have a gadget (my current solution for the golf) that plugs into the back of the start stop disable switch. Every time you start the car is electronically presses the start stop switch.

Polo AW GTI:- I did not try the coding method because I assumed I would get the same perm error as the golf, Thus preferred the flash message, so unplugged the sensor. I also have a gadget (mentioned above) for the polo but have not installed because I cant work out how to remove the center console to get to the switch.

Thus given everything above I just think that pulling the plug is the simplest solution. Other probably disagree.
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Lucas,

Yes the polo GTI does have the Soundactor. Maybe they have improved it because I actually like it, particularly when driving in sport mode.

Chris
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag
    ozmale, thanks for sharing your findings. As has been said, multiple ways to skin that cat and everyone is different
    Last edited by MaXX; 18-09-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    2018 Polo GTI - CAI, TMD, ECU and DSG retune, and a bit of bling.

This is really weird, I refuse to drive with the Auto Start/Stop but mine never re-engages...

Users Country Flag

If you press the drive mode button and cycle the mode to Eco, even if you don’t stop there and switch to Sport/Race it will re-enable the Stop/Start function. Polo GTI Start/Stop

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12