Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 2.0T Owners

Users Country Flag

Polo GTI 2.0T Owners

So I've been ripping around in my new polo for a few weeks. Purchased after a concious decision to buy it over the Golf GTI or R.

Reef blue, all options.

Anybody got any immediate thoughts on the car?

I'm a little annoyed that the metallic reef blue on the car doesn't present as a deeper colour; although this is of worth the detailer now getting corrected.

Love the interior, dash is proper artwork and I'm constantly looking around at the inside of the car looking through the lens of product/technical/engineering perspective amazed at VW maturity.

I wish VW had added a motec style dash mode though. Boo. Oh and I want Google maps in the AID VW. Now.

Speaking of Android Auto, it's slow and ****e. Not a VW problem though. Apple car pay is slick as.

Oh and what's with the voice control button lock out? VW tell me it's an option...

Engine is pretty leashed. You can feel it's only delivering about 2/3rds of what it could. Car is reasonably rapid all the same. Jesus Christ will it be fast on a Stage 1 tune. I came from a Stage 3 GTI, I reckon the Stage 1 will be a lot faster.

Wtf is with the car deciding to lug at 1200rpm?its cool, technically but I could do without the accompanying NVH.

'Steptronic' tuning is very good and in sports mode the pops and farts and impresses my partner. Hats off to pretendy go fast noises.

Handles waaaay better than either specs or tyre choice would suggest it's capable of. Proper laugh-a-thon. When it's on Michelin PS4 tyres I'll go hunting sport bikes.

Pretty impressed with the XDL control too actually.

Stereo good, sound proofing bad. I can fix that.

40 profile tyres really communicate everything. Really.

Adaptive cruise control is great but not lobotomy great. I blame the DSG and the absence of an electronic hand brake. The Subaru CVT eyesight cruise is twice as good. Beats clunky Toyota system though.

How come no lane keep? How am I supposed to google and drive without the car to keep me safe?

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What tuning have you done? Steptronic?

Where is that from in Sydney?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Just wondering what the digital virtual cockpit is like in bright sunlight. Does wearing sunglasses make it harder to see the display?
    MY19 Polo GTi 2.0 DSG

Previous VW cars:MY16 Polo GTI manual, 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, 2001 VW Bora V6 4-Motion - flooded away

Users Country Flag
    Only way you're going to know is testing it with your sunnies. Could also depend if they're prescription or not.
    MY19 Polo GTI DSG | Pure White | Driver Assistance Package | Infotainment Package | Luxury Package

Users Country Flag
    We just picked up our GTI this week! Couldn’t be happier aside from a small issue with the steering providing a lot of feedback and vibration at higher speeds, generally over 80kmh. Thinking it may just be a tire misalignment or they’re not balanced correctly but has anyone had this issue before?
    MY19 Polo GTI DSG | Pure White | Driver Assistance Package | Infotainment Package | Luxury Package

Users Country Flag

Polo GTI 2.0T Owners

@nway91 Nope it's silky smooth, I'd get it checked by the dealer asap... Even if it's just tyres they should fix if for you for free I would guess.. It's brand new after all. But yeah long story short mines stable up to and over the speeds you're taking about, really nice to drive!

@maxrob200 dash is sick sunnies or not imo... Also well visible from the passenger seat and when the sun roof is open in glaring hot sun... Can't fault it tbh.

Not impressed about the voice control button though definitely annoying considering I asked for all options?.. will speak to the dealer though coz you never know..

@op Took the wheels of the other day and the hubs were already rusting so did a full lanotec treatment to all the chassis components... Crazy for a car only weeks old??

Still stoked with the car though and fyi the reef blue paint got noticeably deeper and a bit darker in colour with a ceramic coating on it... Polo GTI 2.0T Owners
    Last edited by GTI187; 04-01-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all. I’m about to become one of you, picking up my new white gadget on Tuesday

To be perfectly honest I was all set to get an i30 N, but the financial controller said no and the budget numbers led me to looking at the PGTI. All the reviews I read were very positive, the test drive performance was good even with some mechanical sympathy for a tight new car, and the interior goodies just iced the cake. Mine has the Driver Assistace and Vision and Sound packages, and I’ll probably start thinking about tunes when it’s properly run in.

I’ll no doubt be asking a lot of dumb questions in here, so I apologise in advance ! I’ll try and add some value too, as I spend more time with it.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Users Country Flag
    @MaXX you won't be disappointed! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there tunes for this thing yet? Once I sell off all my motorbikes I’m probably going to grab one. It’s good to read almost entirely positive reviews on here

We have a blue Octavia RS so I’ll probably make a mini twin and get the blue GTI as well. My main annoyance with the spec is I want LED lights and the only way to get them is the luxury pack. But the luxury pack forces you to take the less nice looking seats, heavy sunroof and heated seats. So much superfluous stuff.

Users Country Flag

I’d like the LED lights too, but as you said the luxury pack has a lot of stuff that isn’t particularly desirable and is exxy to boot. It would be interesting to know if all the appropriate wiring is there to make the LED light assembly a drop-in change, but that isn’t likely to be discovered any time soon.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast