Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 2.0T Owners

Users Country Flag

Praying delivery is this week, car landed 16/4 and has been through customs.

Got DSG/ECU lined up after the 1000km service, and am looking at doing the turbo inlet pipe done whilst it’s in getting the tune done. I’m going to see a friend of dads who worked on a few of the V8 Supercars and see what he can do in the way of designing and doing some carbon fiber CAI to get the most air in.

I’m hoping I get the call this week, signed paperwork 2 weeks before SARS CoV2 was really known about and the dealer has been pineappled twice now. But I managed to get front and rear drivers cameras and the gps tracking software installed for cost for the **** around and them breaching contract.

I’m considering getting a set of Rotiform BLQ in Red gloss for it later on down the track, after I’ve got the exhaust and a few other things done. Stage 2 probably will be as a far as I go as of right now (until I know what is going on with my sport and if nationals and international comp is back up for the year). If not the 11k budget is going into go fast bits.

Hope you guys have a kick ass week!

Users Country Flag
    So took delivery 2 weeks ago.

Over the weekend I had the car ceramic coated in Fireball Butterfly Red. They also did the dash painted insert (note didn’t order the colour matched one) and i got it, the sunroof was also removed off the order and got that as well. I swapped out the paddles to a set of Mode alloy paddles in Modena Red.

https://imagehost.com.au//d7amw0Kd9r...374e0ccb6.jpeg

https://imagehost.com.au//d7amw0Kd9r...37a670e46.jpeg

Ill get the photos up from the before and after of the paint coating. But I have to say I didn’t realise there was a gold in the mix. We only noticed it after the coating was done.

If anyone in Brisbane or Goldie needs or wants ceramic coating done, Pete from Surface Protection and Correction is the go to guy.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 0n3thousandwords View Post
    I picked mine up - 1300kms, Lux pack, driver assist, reef blue for $29,900!
    Is this the best price achieved so far and from which dealer?

Blog Entries
    Got the green light to buy one.

What deals are people making brand new? I'm also keeping an eye out for a 19/20 model with 4 years warranty left.
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Wow stocks are truly limited!

I wanted the blue but only gray was available, MY21 with all 3 packs came up to $39,200

I'm hell excited.

Users Country Flag
    Picking up red GTI with driver assistance pack $36,990
    Sure has a different character to my 81TSI manual!

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone know the changes from MY20 to MY21?
    The only one I can see is the rear GTI badge moved to the centre.
    Last edited by Mountainman; 25-12-2020 at 03:14 PM.

It looks like they have added a couple of usb outlets at the back of the centre console. Mine doesn't have this.

Users Country Flag
    Just got myself a full body kit of Maxton Design for my Polo MK6. They're on sale if anyone is interest.

Does anyone know or have any recommendations where I can get it installed? I'm in Sydney, Waterloo/Zetland area.

Also waiting for my coilovers to arrive

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KheiryD View Post
    Just got myself a full body kit of Maxton Design for my Polo MK6. They're on sale if anyone is interest.

Does anyone know or have any recommendations where I can get it installed? I'm in Sydney, Waterloo/Zetland area.

Also waiting for my coilovers to arrive
    Maxton gear is usually pretty easy to install, mostly clip on with occasionally double sided tape, pretty much DIY. I'd suggest waiting until it arrives, check the instructions and see if it is within your skill set.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast