Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 2.0T Owners

Users Country Flag

Had my white GTI two months now. Love it. Mostly.

Why no lane keep assist? (Love that in our Golf Alltrack - more than a novelty).

Why no passenger grab handle? (There are times it goes fast enough to need one...)

Why the "cheap" hard plastic door top trims?

Only REAL complaint is startup. Often the accelerator pedal is overly sensitive and the engine pulses. Reported this at first comp service and fairly sure the "oh it's a deliberate missfiring to reset things" was a BS answer. Not had it in other Golfs.

But once it is going and the awesome stereo is cranking, the sunroof is open and you can zip around with extremely direct steering, it is the best car I've owned.

We have had ours since late december, Also love it, mostly.

I also questioned lane keep assist considering it has most of what's needed already installed

I'm not bothered by the door trims, it's built to a price and the beautiful dash is where I look mostly

I also have surging when trying to take off slowly on cold start, I've learnt to give it a little more right foot

Not the best car I've ever owned but it is hands down the best value for money and performance and build quality car i've ever owned. I must say it runs a close second to the best car I've ever owned at one third the price.

Quote Originally Posted by WJB63 View Post
    Had my white GTI two months now. Love it. Mostly.

Why no lane keep assist? (Love that in our Golf Alltrack - more than a novelty).

Why no passenger grab handle? (There are times it goes fast enough to need one...)

Why the "cheap" hard plastic door top trims?

Only REAL complaint is startup. Often the accelerator pedal is overly sensitive and the engine pulses. Reported this at first comp service and fairly sure the "oh it's a deliberate missfiring to reset things" was a BS answer. Not had it in other Golfs.

But once it is going and the awesome stereo is cranking, the sunroof is open and you can zip around with extremely direct steering, it is the best car I've owned.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DuaneDibbley View Post
    Are there tunes for this thing yet? Once I sell off all my motorbikes I’m probably going to grab one. It’s good to read almost entirely positive reviews on here

We have a blue Octavia RS so I’ll probably make a mini twin and get the blue GTI as well. My main annoyance with the spec is I want LED lights and the only way to get them is the luxury pack. But the luxury pack forces you to take the less nice looking seats, heavy sunroof and heated seats. So much superfluous stuff.
    If you are getting it built rather than buying prebuilt cars off the lot or in storage in germany you can tick the luxury pack box but opt out of the sunroof as they will build it without
    Don,t bother asking for a discount for no glass roof tho....
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my GTi yesterday (White with Drive Assist and Sound & Vision options) and have found it to be quite a fun car to drive.

Left foot kept going to look for the clutch as it is my first DSG car.
    The Driving modes take a bit of getting used to as it up shifts to a higher gear at the drop of a hat, which I would not normally do in my manual GTi. S mode hangs on too long or drops back when the speed is not to it's liking. However, I like TipTronic mode the best. But when plodding around town, either manual Tip or just Normal mode is good for me.

The Digital Dash works well and is quite easy to use after a bit of trial and error.
    There is a funny setting in Navigation that tells you the maximum speed limit in Australia, mine is ticked at 100 kmh and on either side is 50 and 110. What does that do? I cannot change that at all. Do the maps change that automatically as the speed limit change in different areas?

Does anyone know how to turn off the "use dipped beam warning message" with obdeleven? That is really annoying as each time I drive into my garage, the message pops up

I don't think there are enough storage compartments

Under the passenger seat is a plastic box which does not slide out. I am afraid to put anything in there as I don't think I will be able to get things out easily. The manual says it opens and closes which is incorrect. The MY16 GTi had a storage compartment under each front seat which was great.

The glove-box has some funny notch like receptacles and a "card holder" slot which is pretty useless. These is no glasses holder for my spare glasses. OK, there is a sun glasses holder on the roof mount. There is also a funny slot like receptacle in front of the DSG shifter on the plate, another card holder?

Two USB ports are great but a second 12V socket would be good too but the qi charging plate probably accounts for that for people who can use qi wireless charging

Enough whinging, The car is comfortable, surefooted and spacious. The extra room inside is welcoming and it feels well put together.
    Last edited by maxrob200; 17-04-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    MY19 Polo GTi 2.0 DSG

Previous VW cars:MY16 Polo GTI manual, 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, 2001 VW Bora V6 4-Motion - flooded away

Users Country Flag
    A few months in now and I’m still loving mine...although a CAI, exhaust and tune will happen when I sell the bike. Anyone looking for a Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F ?
    2018 Polo GTI - CAI, TMD, ECU and DSG retune, and a bit of bling.

Quote Originally Posted by nway91 View Post
    Couldn’t be happier aside from a small issue with the steering providing a lot of feedback and vibration at higher speeds, generally over 80kmh. Thinking it may just be a tire misalignment or they’re not balanced correctly but has anyone had this issue before?
    Mate, how did you go with getting the vibration resolved with the dealer? I recently got a new Polo GTI and I'm having the same issue. On the highway, above 80km/h I'm getting loads of vibration through the steering wheel. I realise the GTI has firm suspension (and we don't have the best roads), but I've owned a Golf GTI and a Golf R previously and I've never had this sort of feedback. Hoping it just needs a wheel balance/alignment, it feels pretty awful at the moment.

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXX View Post
    A few months in now and I’m still loving mine...although a CAI, exhaust and tune will happen when I sell the bike. Anyone looking for a Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F ?
    My brother just sold his 2019 Polo GTI a few weeks ago (long story...it was a company car and he resigned from that job so he handed it back...car was only about 3 months old) and he had only a few weeks prior fitted a MST intake and turbo muffler delete.

He has removed those parts from the car (they wouldn't even have been on the car for a month) and is looking to sell them if you are interested.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Polo parts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    My brother just sold his 2019 Polo GTI a few weeks ago (long story...it was a company car and he resigned from that job so he handed it back...car was only about 3 months old) and he had only a few weeks prior fitted a MST intake and turbo muffler delete.

He has removed those parts from the car (they wouldn't even have been on the car for a month) and is looking to sell them if you are interested.
    Hey I’m interested as that’s the parts I was just about to order. Can you take some photos and send them to me please ill inbox you.
    Last edited by Bigunit87; 11-05-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    If Bigunit87 doesn’t snap them up, I will
    2018 Polo GTI - CAI, TMD, ECU and DSG retune, and a bit of bling.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MaXX View Post
    If Bigunit87 doesn’t snap them up, I will

What are you running or is it still stock ?

Ive looked around and there is barely any aftermarket parts for these new 2.0lt engines.

Also some reviews are saying it a de-tuned MK7GTI engine but from what I know the GTI engine is very similar to the R but the R has a bigger turbo and some internals are different but the look of the engine cover is different and the battery and fuse box look different and intake system ?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast