Thread: Moronic 4 degree temperature warnings!

Angry Moronic 4 degree temperature warnings!

This is a rant.

Well, I thought the "For your own safety, please obey all traffic signs and directions" message I got every single time I turned the car on was patronising enough, yesterday on my weekly drive to Canberra, I got a constant warning every 30 minutes that the outside temperature was below 4 degrees.

It's cold in Canberra? No ****, really?? What's next? An "Oooh, it's cold outside. Have you got warm clothes on?" warning when I open the door?

Much as I like this Polo, these constant nanny messages and all the preferred settings I have to re-set every time I get into it are really give me the sheets

Users Country Flag
    Get some who has one, or buy an OBDELEVEN or maybe even a Carista and turn them off then Is easy to do.

A google of "how to turn off warnings in MMI in a VW" would give you hours of reading and save you ranting
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Effectively a black ice warning, handy when you drive into a cold place you didn't realise was quite so cold, but I can understand it getting annoying... I may or may have not disabled warnings in previous cars for different things. I didn't actually realise this was one of the things you can turn off in the VW

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Thanks Hillbilly.

Yeah, I know about using an ODB device to change the setting, but it just gets on my wick that I have to get rid of the problem that way. I suppose it's better than not being able to get rid of the message at all.