Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 2.0l tuning

Users Country Flag

Ok guys got some good news!

Car has arrived, pick up next week. Now for the Good news. The 2020 AW Polo GTI DOES NOT HAVE the OPF! Confirmed this today with Volkswagen. Due to us having “rubbish fuel” they don’t put it on the models we get.

So 3-4 weeks will have booked in for DSG/ECU tune and Turbo Inlet pipe with Tarmac Engineering. Will keep you all posted etc.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    Ok guys got some good news!

Car has arrived, pick up next week. Now for the Good news. The 2020 AW Polo GTI DOES NOT HAVE the OPF! Confirmed this today with Volkswagen. Due to us having “rubbish fuel” they don’t put it on the models we get.

So 3-4 weeks will have booked in for DSG/ECU tune and Turbo Inlet pipe with Tarmac Engineering. Will keep you all posted etc.
    Good news all round!!
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Tomorrow is delivery day!

I have emailed Eventuri directly as i know they only do carbon fiber for the Mk7.5 GTI / R and i know there are a lot of polo drivers out there that would be interested in their stuff.

I have enquired with them doing something like this as the polo current stock air intake is a waste where you could be getting a whole lot more cold air in.

https://www.eventuri.net/wp-content/...3-Intake-7.jpg this kinda thing they do for the AUDI but for the polo and golf as well. Even if its just the inlet to the stock air box, then carbon pipe work to the turbo inlet pipe. It’s all about minimising heat. Not to mention looks sexy af and a tad costly.

If they can do something like that would be epic.

Users Country Flag
    Tomorrow is delivery day!

I have emailed Eventuri directly as i know they only do carbon fiber for the Mk7.5 GTI / R and i know there are a lot of polo drivers out there that would be interested in their stuff.

I have enquired with them doing something like this as the polo current stock air intake is a waste where you could be getting a whole lot more cold air in.

https://www.eventuri.net/wp-content/...3-Intake-7.jpg this kinda thing they do for the AUDI but for the polo and golf as well. Even if its just the inlet to the stock air box, then carbon pipe work to the turbo inlet pipe. It’s all about minimising heat. Not to mention looks sexy af and a tad costly.

If they can do something like that would be epic.
    Want to kill some myths, for ~ $60? Try one of these, one probe to measure the ambient air temperature and one to measure the air temperature inside the airbox (not the temperature of the airbox itself but the temperature of the air inside the airbox). Go for a drive and watch the 2 temperatures. If you sit idling for a few minutes the air temp in the airbox will rise, be higher than the ambient. But as soon as the car moves the temp quickly drops to ambient and stays there as long as you are moving. That has been my experience with 3 x Golfs and 1 x Polo so far.

Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Sydneykid; 13-05-2020 at 10:24 AM.
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    Hey Gary will def give that a go.

Well i have to say impressed with the car is an understatement. The thing is a rocket.

Getting ceramic coating done in 3-4 weeks. Better than what they were offering factory so putting my tune off a little bit longer which isn’t a big deal.

I got in touch with Eventuri and they have had a bit of demand for carbon fibre intakes etc for the polos both over in the UK and some here. So they are looking at doing something for the AW. They do one for the Audi just not for the polo.

I have to say, was a solid choice getting the Polo. Have to get the dealership to look at this clunking sound I’m getting in the right front strut when i hit minor potholes or just bumps in the road. Drive line is fine, checked bolts for struts and they are all intact.

Users Country Flag
    Have to get the dealership to look at this clunking sound I’m getting in the right front strut when i hit minor potholes or just bumps in the road. Drive line is fine, checked bolts for struts and they are all intact.
    Have a look at your front springs and make sure they havent left the spring spacers in there. These spacers are installed at the VW factory and raise the front of the car up a bit for transportation so they dont risk scraping the front bumper etc. This happens quite often with the Golf GTI's and R's (has happened to 2x of my mates). Not sure if they use them on the Polo GTI's but easy enough for you to check.

Like this: VWVortex.com - Removing the OEM spring spacers up front
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Have a look at your front springs and make sure they havent left the spring spacers in there. These spacers are installed at the VW factory and raise the front of the car up a bit for transportation so they dont risk scraping the front bumper etc. This happens quite often with the Golf GTI's and R's (has happened to 2x of my mates). Not sure if they use them on the Polo GTI's but easy enough for you to check.

Like this: VWVortex.com - Removing the OEM spring spacers up front
    Will have to check, its still riding rough only one the left side. Ive noticed a few rattles etc so ill get them to have a look at that tomorrow when they put the front and rear dash cams in.

Getting the paint protection done first up, getting 2 x lots of Fireball Red Butterfly done. So will post the before and after shots.

Funny thing is, the things i asked not to get as extras, the car came with. The red interior dash is colour matched to the car. Plus I asked for no sun roof and now have that. Did the numbers and they put themselves out of a few thousand.

Ive been talking to Mahmoud from Eventuri and they are going to be starting on a kit for the AW polo. They have been getting asked by a heap of euro tuners, so i guess watch this space?

Users Country Flag
    Lucky you... does that mean you've got the 18" wheels and LED lights and Sports Seats as well as they are part the Sunroof Options pack
    MY19 Polo GTi 2.0 DSG

Previous VW cars:MY16 Polo GTI manual, 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, 2001 VW Bora V6 4-Motion - flooded away

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MaXX View Post
    Mines the first in Adelaide I think, but it’s been done in Melbourne before. Time will soon tell
    You dont happen to drive a blue one? Ive seen/heard one zipping around St Claire (potentially at the same daycare)?

Im dabbling in the idea of similar mods for mine.

Users Country Flag

Hi all I thought I'd kick this thread off again. I've had a 2019 Mk6 polo GTI (2.0 EA88 since new and decided to modify it in 2022. Mods include a stage 1 tune (TVS engineering installed by Rob and team at Volkstech in Melbourne), dump pipe and eibach springs (25mm drop). I went for the springs so I could keep the active damper setup for drive modes. Car now has 221kw and 475nm and handles really well. Has the mods installed at 18K and has now done 37K with absolutely no problems. Loving the car as it sounds and drives really well. Has anyone else had similar mods? Videos of car below (cold start and idle and driveby)

Last edited by libr8d; 03-01-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast