Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 2.0l tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MaXX View Post
    So, booked for getting the CAI and engine/DSG tunes done in the first week in October. Hopefully that is enough time for the exhaust to arrive, but will go ahead without if necessary as that doesn’t significantly affect the basic tune (post OPF so it’s more noise than action.)

That is stage one. After we do that and have a poke around and see what might fit (turbo downpipe with high flow cat, bigger turbo etc.) there will likely be a stage two
    Be interested to see how it all goes. From my understanding no one has broken the code as yet to tune the 2019 polo gti engine. But doesn't mean it wont happen
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag
    Mines the first in Adelaide I think, but it’s been done in Melbourne before. Time will soon tell
    2018 Polo GTI - CAI, TMD, ECU and DSG retune, and a bit of bling.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    So, due to a few issues the plan wasn’t exactly followed this week. Some bad, some good, but overall I’m a pretty happy camper.

The Good

- The Leyo cold air intake went on. Looks and sounds great.
    - A new model turbo muffler delete that fits is now available from Leyo, so that went on too.
    - ECU tune done
    - DSG tune done
    - I got some cool billet shift paddles from MODE fitted. Hot bling, sure, but they do make manual shifting much easier. Pics soon.

The Bad

- Milltek have been a complete PITA to deal with, so we have cancelled the order for the exhaust. I won’t bore you with the details, suffice to say you shouldn’t get a different story every time you make contact with a company. The silver lining is I’ll probably just go full turbo back instead, and the UGP guys have demonstrated the benefits there. Thanks for the info h100vw.

The car dyno’d at 125kW ATW when standard, and now makes a touch over 147kW ATW. Given that the final dyno run was done under some pretty challenging conditions (a 35 degree C ambient day meant keeping the intake temps under 50 degrees C was impossible) it’d probably read closer to 160 on a friendly day. Zooming around today it definitely feels like that too...quite the angry little ant. And having the “vroom chshh tututu” noises through the CAI makes me laugh every single time I’m a very happy boy.

It was quite well behaved and is doing it easy, so plenty of scope to go further. A full exhaust and tune is the next obvious step, and we will see how it’s going for fuelling and so on after that. Then turbo, injectors, fuel pump...the usual slippery slope. TBH I might look at decent tyres and brakes next though, that’s one area VW saved money compared to a Golf GTI.

Many thanks to Callum at Haines Mechanical and Detail for doing all the work, and the guys from Leyo and Etuners for great products to work with.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXX View Post
    - I got some cool billet shift paddles from MODE fitted. Hot bling, sure, but they do make manual shifting much easier. Pics soon.

The MODE paddles look quite interesting. Since you have done the hard yards, may I ask which models fit the current Polo GTi?
    MY19 Polo GTi 2.0 DSG

Previous VW cars:MY16 Polo GTI manual, 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, 2001 VW Bora V6 4-Motion - flooded away

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Thanks MaXX,
    They are a proper fitment too not stick-on
    MY19 Polo GTi 2.0 DSG

Previous VW cars:MY16 Polo GTI manual, 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDi manual, 2001 VW Bora V6 4-Motion - flooded away

Users Country Flag
    @MaXX

Anymore progress on this, keen to read more!
    I just joined this cool little community --> Hello fellow Polo &or VW Nutters!
    Last edited by Saul; 13-11-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    @MaXX

Anymore progress on this, keen to read more!
    I just joined this cool little community --> Hello fellow Polo &or VW Nutters!
    Hi Saul. I haven’t progressed beyond what I’ve already shared, just hooning around enjoying it as it currently stands. It isn’t boring yet, that’s for sure When I do get inspired I’m still not sure whether to do brakes and tyres before chasing more power though, as both paths have appeal. I’ll be sure to share whatever happens.

Users Country Flag

Bummer, ah well, thanks for updating!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast