Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 2.0l tuning

Users Country Flag

Anyone had experience with this MST mob ? A CAI would be great, but they are still pretty thin on the ground. This is the first one I have seen.

Users Country Flag
    Pity it is not simply a detuned Golf GTI engine
    omg, I had no idea this was the case. So disappointing. Whats the main differences between the polo and golf 2.0L engines? Completely different internals?

Users Country Flag
    ​From Wiki:
    The Mk6 Polo GTI was launched in 2017.[33] It features a slightly detuned version of the 2.0 litre turbocharged engine from the Mk7 Golf GTI. It produced 197 bhp and was capable of getting to 60 mph in under 6.7 seconds. It was launched with only 6-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission available.
    i know Wiki isn’t always correct but hopefully this time it is.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXX View Post
    Anyone had experience with this MST mob ? A CAI would be great, but they are still pretty thin on the ground. This is the first one I have seen.
    My brother bought one of these (MST intake for Polo GTI 2.0T) and also the turbo muffler delete kit (which is a brand new product also) and it arrived today. I'll give him a hand to install it over the next few days and will report back with feedback and photos if anyone is interested.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    My brother bought one of these (MST intake for Polo GTI 2.0T) and also the turbo muffler delete kit (which is a brand new product also) and it arrived today. I'll give him a hand to install it over the next few days and will report back with feedback and photos if anyone is interested.
    I have a MST CAI on the 110TSI Golf and have other bits on my Golf R. Turbo muffler delete for the R from MST arrived yesterday and will go on this weekend. All their parts so far has been of exceptional quality.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Definitely interested Lucas and Sharkie, looking forward to reading the results. Thanks for sharing, much appreciated
    Last edited by MaXX; 08-03-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    2018 Polo GTI - CAI, TMD, ECU and DSG retune, and a bit of bling.

Users Country Flag

Polo GTI 2.0l tuning

Definitely interested Lucas and Sharkie, looking forward to reading the results. Thanks for sharing, much appreciated
    Well i can tell you it is a very nicely made airbox with good quality silicone pipes, and the airbox fits perfectly. The turbo muffler delete is also nicely made and fitted perfectly too.

You can choose to run the airbox with or without the lid if you want some extra noise, but without the lid it will let suck some hot air in.

There is definitely some nice induction and turbo noise with the new setup. I have a few pics i will upload shortly.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 11-03-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    That’s great Lucas, thanks so much for sharing. Did the install require any cutting or drilling, or it was a straight bolt-in with the factory mounting points ?
    2018 Polo GTI - CAI, TMD, ECU and DSG retune, and a bit of bling.

Users Country Flag
    That’s great Lucas, thanks so much for sharing. Did the install require any cutting or drilling, or it was a straight bolt-in with the factory mounting points ?
    Everything bolts straight up to the factory mounting locations, no need to drill or cut anything.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

Just wondering what you did with the hose leading into the stock airbox? Does the aftermarket intake have a place for it, or did you just plug the hose? Apologies if my explanation makes no sense, I’ll take a photo of the hose I’m talking about if that helps haha

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast