Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Polo

I am very interested in this new polo gti but it seems it would not be available until Sept/Oct 2018. i am looking to sell my mk6 gti manual as my wife needs an auto. I will mostly sell it and get a Hyundai i30 sr early 2018 if i can't wait that long.

Users Country Flag
    And the Fiesta drops to 3 cylinders;

New 2018 Ford Fiesta ST - specs and latest details on Ford’s new hot hatch | Evo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Users Country Flag
    Can't wait for this car. Really hoping the Q3 arrival date for the GTI is brought forward.

Users Country Flag
    2018 Volkswagen Polo revealed

"Based around the German car maker's MQB AO platform architecture, the new Volkswagen has grown quite significantly to match the dimensional gains made by many of its more contemporary compact class rivals; it boasts a 94mm longer wheelbase than the fifth-generation Polo at 2564mm, while the track widths are up by 62mm at the front at 1525mm and by 49mm at the rear at 1505mm to provide it with a considerably larger footprint than ever before.

The previous Polo was based around Volkswagen's PQ25 platform, whose engineering dates back to the fourth-generation model launched back in 2001."

The main thing for me is the update to the chassis. My 9N3 has a wide track mod to the lower control arms and on ET40 rims with 12mm spacers front and 20mm spacers rear (that's for on the track) even then only has front:rear track of 1470:1451. So the new car will have a significantly bigger footprint than mine. Only thing is the weight. It might end up a porker next to the new Fiesta ST. But that motor/gearbox combo is pretty attractive.

Users Country Flag
    Test drove the Polo GTI Plus in Wales last week. The basic car is the same as we are getting but in the UK everything we take for granted at that spec level is an optional extra. Drive-away price as we would expect the car options-wise is 26k pounds sterling. A ridiculous price as that would be about AUD $47k, which is Golf GTI/R money.

Currently Polo GTI in the UK is DSG only, which adds to the price.

Extra cost options include white non-metallic paint, climate control air, voice activation, GPS, reversing cam, park assist, 18" wheels and 5 year warranty. Thus the 26,000 pounds price.

I liked the look inside and out. Very comfortable front and back (I'm 6' 3"), with headroom, knee room and driving position. With two up front it's a bit more squeezy/intimate sitting side by side which may only become an issue with the manual when changing gear...my daily is a Golf Mk VI for comparison.

The red dash inserts are too much for me but you can option black/dark grey instead. (Funky dash looks better in the T-Roc). The electronic dash is a newer version of that what is in the Australian Golf GTI/R, looks better, but, I am still in two minds liking the analogue dash which I think is easier to read in the day/glare.

The drive is best described as a mini Golf GTI. The engine sounds OK, muted compared with the Golf. Steering goes where you point it, sharp and precise. Suspension way better than the current Polo GTI I drove last year. Acceleration is good, but, I'll wait until I have driven a manual. Very easy to park.

VW Australia is going to have to price the Polo GTI around $32k drive-away to under-cut the regular Golf GTI by $10k now that the Golf GTI Original has been released. If the Polo GTI came in around $35k the Golf GTI Original would be more tempting.
    Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWHO View Post
    The electronic dash is a newer version of that what is in the Australian Golf GTI/R, looks better, but, I am still in two minds liking the analogue dash which I think is easier to read in the day/glare.
    That's an interesting observation on the AID. I've never had a issue with it no matter which direction the sun is coming from. When I test drove a new CX-5 last year, the right hand digital display (fuel read out, driving assistants) couldn't be seen at all when the sun was coming from behind and to the right. In the same situation the AID is perfectly visible.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    2018 Volkswagen Polo details
    Pricing (before on roads)
    ----------

• 70TSI Trendline – $17,990/$20,490 (6MT/7DSG)
    • 85TSI Comfortline – $19,490/$21,990 (6MT/7DSG)
    • Launch Edition – $$20,490/$22,990 (6MT/7DSG)

Features
    -------------

• 70TSI Trendline:
      • 15-inch steel wheels
      • City AEB with pedestrian detection
      • Driver fatigue monitor
      • Tyre pressure monitor
      • Multi-function display
      • Leather multi-function steering wheel
      • 8.0-inch infotainment system
      • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
      • Bluetooth
      • USB ports x2
      • Rear-view camera
      • Cruise control
      • Air conditioning
      • Power windows
      • Heated electric mirrors
      • Split-folding rear seat

• 80TSI Comfortline adds:
      • 15-inch alloy wheels
      • Automatic headlights
      • Automatic wipers
      • Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
      • Front centre armrest
      • ‘Comfort’ cloth upholstery

• Launch Edition adds:
      • 16-inch alloy wheels
      • Wireless phone charging
      • Privacy glass
      • Front fog-lights
      • LED tail-lights (dark tinted)

Options
    ------------

• Metallic paint (all variants) – $500
    • Driver Assistance package (Comfortline & Launch Edition) – $1400

Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Users Country Flag
    If you register interest in the car, there's a little do-hickey box that asks you what colour you'd be interested in (I assume to jump the gun o the sale) and from that it turns out we're getting 5 colours...

Attachment 32858

One of the editors from CA, also was replying to questions on their post - and mentioned that AID, sunroof, and R-line are coming later.

Spotted the new Polo at Melville Volkswagen!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast