Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Polo

Users Country Flag

Interesting take away from that vid regarding drum brakes - cars with less than 95hp (71Kw) engines get rear drum brakes but cars with more power get rear discs and the DSG option.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Pretty sure all Aus Polos will have discs allround ....

At this stage we are looking at getting 2, 1 x 85kw Comfortline manual and 1 x GTI manual .

No rush and will probably wait till June 18
    Last edited by Sharkie; 27-10-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for posting the link. Not enough changes/ improvements for me to consider swapping over from a current 2017 GTI manual,.
    If I needed a DSG, the new Six speed 'Wet' DSG would however be a big big plus.

Looking forward to the Road Test.

Users Country Flag
    So sad to see the Polo regress with drum brakes. It's a no for me dawg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI_DownUnder View Post
    Thanks for posting the link. Not enough changes/ improvements for me to consider swapping over from a current 2017 GTI manual,.

New platform (MQB), new body, new interior, new engines .... better in every conceivable aspect

Not sure what you classify as not enough change ...
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Hi Sharkie
    There is little doubt that the new model has been improved in several area's.
    However given that I would be looking at 25 - 30% depreciation to swap models, are the improvements enough to change over from a 12 month old car? For me the answer is a Big Nooooo .

Some comment
    MQB - Given that I do not track my 2017 GTI or drive at 10 tenths, would I even notice the difference?
    New Engine - Is it? Still part of the EA888 Family as far as I know. The power increase over the existing 1.8 is only 5% and I can already lose traction with mine in first and second gear, on a dry road, so I am not sure what I would do with another 5%
    New interior - I bought mine as I was pining for a good old Honda City Turbo and wanted a bit of 'Go Kart' in my daily driver. Have no interest in in-cabin doo daas (apart from the Electronic Damper Switch).
    Bigger Boot - I have already removed the space hogging false floor, fitted $20 of carpet and gained another 20% boot space in my existing car.

That is just the way I see it, others may have other requirements or are more cashed up than me.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI_DownUnder View Post

Switching to the "wet' 6 speed DSG (presumably DQ250) is a major plus and finally eliminates the last remaining big weakness (the dodgy dry 7 spd DQ200). It'll be firmly on my list in 12-18 mths time as I'll be "downgrading" to a smaller runaround.

Users Country Flag
    Good review of the Polo GTI BY Autogufel:

YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    Good review of the Polo GTI BY Autogufel:

YouTube
    Looks really good! Silver manual GTI will be finding a home with me

and a Red manual 85TSI with my daughter

great review

any idea when VW Aus will be taking orders?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast