Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skoda Karoq - Coming 2018

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by aware View Post
    It's still only a front wheel drive too. It will probably do well, clearly trying to capture Australia's desire for front wheel drive SUVs. For those that want the AWD and slight ground clearance increase, it's a no until they bring in more models. I was holding out for the Karoq to get a car that could deal with fire trails, graded dirt roads, farm tracks and new found trips to Jindabyne better than a normal Octavia on 18" wheels can do (uncomfortably), but being front wheel drive only ruled it out. Took advantage of parents upgrading to a Bavarian car and bought their Scout.
    A few years ago now, we drove into a skoda dealer to look at a yeti and drove out with a scout. Best car ever and we only sold it because we were leaving for PNG. We have a Kia Sportage diesel AWD in PNG which is a very good car and the missus likes sitting up a bit higher, so we'll be looking at small SUVs when we get back to oz. The Karoq currently on offer won't suit us. We need a little AWD, preferably diesel for towing our little runabout and getting up and down the boat ramps.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    A few years ago now, we drove into a skoda dealer to look at a yeti and drove out with a scout. Best car ever and we only sold it because we were leaving for PNG. We have a Kia Sportage diesel AWD in PNG which is a very good car and the missus likes sitting up a bit higher, so we'll be looking at small SUVs when we get back to oz. The Karoq currently on offer won't suit us. We need a little AWD, preferably diesel for towing our little runabout and getting up and down the boat ramps.

They're a brilliant car - such a shame that they are no longer brought into Australia - too many SUVs and not enough wagons! Passat or Golf Alltrack could be a good option if Skoda doesn't bring in the diesel Karoq.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Just went to have a look, dealer has 2 in stock, with launch pack and sunroofs. $47-48 K , for a front wheel drive CX5/CRV equivalent. They must be dreaming. Found out only 6 manuals imported and there will be no more available when they are sold. Sorry but I don’t see the “simply cleverer” value here, better off with something Japanese.

That is mental, the Kodiaq is priced so well, but that price seems to be to keep sales going to the Tiguan locally.

Users Country Flag
    oh dear - that is simply not clever at all.
    47k for a 2wd with both packs and a sunroof, not to mention a couple of months wait.

from wat i also heard, the intial ones don't get the active info display, and are not AWD.
    wats the point??!!?

good one VW Aus for fcuking up another Skoda Model lineup!!!
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

I think they did well with the Kodiaq, just huge waits. Friends of ours really want one, but are completely put off by the waiting. Skoda need to get onto building out production its really killing them.

Users Country Flag
    Definitely interested in a karoq but not straight away. I was very keen on the Scout as well. I wonder when availability will get better. I prefer the karoq/Kodiak look over the tiguan

I see Skoda Australia are bringing in a 140TSI Sportline which appears to have the same engine as the golf GTI/Octavia RS. So one should be able to get this engine ECU remapped to push out similar outputs to the golf GTI/Octavia RS and get this all planted through AWD. Could be a neat little package. Anyone know if/when the 140 TSI will be available in Aus?

Skoda Octavia RS 180 TSI Tune, ECU Tune & ECU Remap. Stage 1 (+68 kW)

So should be able to easily get 247kW and just shy of 500 Nm with superchips yeah?

Does anyone know if the Koraq runs the same DSG as the Golf GTI/Occy RS?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123