Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Karoq - Coming 2018

Users Country Flag

Nice find.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    RVCS approvals are listed here: Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) - Skoda Karoq

At this stage it looks like the 3 cylinder 1.0l 85TSI in manual and 1.5l 110TSI in 7 speed DSG are the only engine/transmission options - no diesel on the list.
    Well that's one way to manage demand I suppose. Serving up things we don't want and trying to force us to buy a Tig or a Golf wagon might not work as they expect. Some of the Korean diesel cars are extremely good value at the minute.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

Yes there’s a predicted shortage for the Karoq so reducing the model options should stem the demand. It also will provide a bigger differentiation to the Kodiaq (which is also in limited supply) as the size/ engines / pricing won’t overlap.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the entry level Tiguan in spec and price.

However given how Skoda sales are going to be limited by factory output I wouldn’t expect too aggressive pricing. This next period will be about positioning the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

But which 7 speed dsg ? We are waiting for them to arrive to replace the Yeti. But wont touch a DQ200.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiplastix View Post
    But which 7 speed dsg ? We are waiting for them to arrive to replace the Yeti. But wont touch a DQ200.
    Almost certain it'll be the low torque box. If you're really lucky it'll be the new one that is in the Mk7.5 R and Arteon but I think that may be wishful thinking rather than reality. Hope to be proven wrong.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    The Karoq has been pushed back to a September release starting with the 110tsi at around $30k while diesel and AWD variants land some time in the first half of 2019.

2018 Skoda Karoq here in September
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    I read on Caradvice that the Karoq is here next month. (2018 Skoda Karoq arrival advances to June | CarAdvice)

Saw a red Karoq on Saturday at the corner of Carlingford and Beecroft Road in red - looks like a decent thing. It had WSE numberplates, which seem to be the standard head office/press car registration.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Users Country Flag
    Saw another Karoq on Sunday on New Beach Road whilst walking to CYCA. This time in grey and the 1.5 TSI sounds particularly noisy at low speeds. Certainty noisier than the 1.4TSI I've currently got.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Users Country Flag
    They have it on the Skoda Australia website. Only the 1.5TSI available, but with DSG and optioned up with everything except the bigger wheels runs to about $45K. It's a nice looking car, but I'm not impressed with the engine and gearbox combo on offer.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    They have it on the Skoda Australia website. Only the 1.5TSI available, but with DSG and optioned up with everything except the bigger wheels runs to about $45K. It's a nice looking car, but I'm not impressed with the engine and gearbox combo on offer.
    It's still only a front wheel drive too. It will probably do well, clearly trying to capture Australia's desire for front wheel drive SUVs. For those that want the AWD and slight ground clearance increase, it's a no until they bring in more models. I was holding out for the Karoq to get a car that could deal with fire trails, graded dirt roads, farm tracks and new found trips to Jindabyne better than a normal Octavia on 18" wheels can do (uncomfortably), but being front wheel drive only ruled it out. Took advantage of parents upgrading to a Bavarian car and bought their Scout.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast