Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist activation service - Sydney

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArdiL View Post
    Kamold, Just to clarify for myself and anyone else who may be wondering, could you confirm my thoughts below, please.
    The minimum speed we can set ACC is 30km/h and ALG currently engages at 67 km/h.

1) With TJA are we able to set ACC to a speed less than 30 km/h?
    2) My "expectation" is To test TJA (0-60km/h) I should be able set ACC to 60 km/h AND ALG would also be active at any speed up to 60 km/h. So in theory from a standing start you should see the green ALG (active) lines on the screen as long as the road markings are clearly visible. (So should be easy to test.)
    The Mazda Astina has a similar feature that I enjoyed playing with however the VW is a level higher even without TJA.
    I don't have a car with the feature unfortunately so I cannot test that now but next time I see one I can confirm.
    I BELIEVE you can set ACC at any speed, but lowest I think I've set it is 40kmh as there isn't really much need to set it below that....ACC will slow you if there is a car in front and 40kmh is school zone speed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Thanks kamold. I have tested and verified that ACC and ALG remain active even at 55km/h!
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Users Country Flag
    Canuck here looking to add this to my Q5 that has all the software (ie. has lane keep assist, ACC, blind spot warning, etc - just no TJA). Any suggestions from my Commonwealth friends?

Users Country Flag
    As per the explanation in that VW YouTube video, it's working in my car as part of the ACC.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone in Melbourne enabling tja?
    I would really like it but a drive to Sydney seems a bit extreme lol

Willing to pay i realize its not a freebie
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Looking to try and get someone setup in Melbourne with the tools and instructions.
    Hopefully in the next few weeks...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    So TJA keeps lane guidance active? Is that the only difference between TJA and ACC's version of TJA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    So TJA keeps lane guidance active? Is that the only difference between TJA and ACC's version of TJA?
    I don't quite get your question, TJA is TJA no matter how it is activated or have I missed something? Later cars have it from the factory and earlier cars need activation because VW won't do it.

It keeps lane guidance active below 66kmh.
    I'm guessing it also might do some sort of following the car in front with the camera as in traffic it won't be able to see any lane markings...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Looking to try and get someone setup in Melbourne with the tools and instructions.
    Hopefully in the next few weeks...
    I can’t wait for this service to be available in Melbourne. I was planning to drive to Sydney on the coming long weekend

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast