Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist activation service - Sydney

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) can now be activated on cars that have Active Lane Guidance (ALG) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

What cars is this available on?
    The feature is able to be activated on any car that has a front assist camera (address A5) with a part number of 3Q0 980 654 with a revision F or later.
    It must also have ACC.
    So - I've got a map from a 2018 8v that has the correct part number, but has a Rev A (user posted from the Ross-Tech VCDS forums...) - This car came from the factory with TJA enabled. How confident are you on the part number/rev F requirement?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    So - I've got a map from a 2018 8v that has the correct part number, but has a Rev A (user posted from the Ross-Tech VCDS forums...) - This car came from the factory with TJA enabled. How confident are you on the part number/rev F requirement?
    There are only parameter sets available for G and H software revisions.
    So while it might be possible to have it factory enabled with other versions of software, its only possible aftermarket with the parameter sets available.
    You would need to check the HW version of that module to determine if it is flash upgradable to software version G (HW06)
    Last edited by kamold; 13-11-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    I think you looked at the hw number, but you need to look at the sw number/index.

My Mk 7.5 already does this though. Is it not already enabled

Quote Originally Posted by wookie_666 View Post
    My Mk 7.5 already does this though. Is it not already enabled
    This is somewhat contradictory - could you please expand on this?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    How do you determine if TJA (already) exists? Does it show up in an infotainment menu somewhere or does it just "work" if you are already getting green lights for ACC and lane guidance?

FYI My R is build week 45 and A5 is 3Q0980654H.
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman View Post
    How do you determine if TJA (already) exists? Does it show up in an infotainment menu somewhere or does it just "work" if you are already getting green lights for ACC and lane guidance?

FYI My R is build week 45 and A5 is 3Q0980654H.
    It's not a seperate option.
    You know if it works because you can engage ACC below 67kmh and lane guidance will still remain active.
    If it disengages below 67kmh then it's alg only.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    It's not a seperate option.
    You know if it works because you can engage ACC below 67kmh and lane guidance will still remain active.
    If it disengages below 67kmh then it's alg only.

Gotcha. Guess I'll have to do some testing on the M5 this week!
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman View Post
    Gotcha. Guess I'll have to do some testing on the M5 this week!
    Just test on a regular road with no traffic.
    I'd you can engage ACC at 40kmh and lane guidance goes active that's TJA

Users Country Flag

Just test on a regular road with no traffic.
    I'd you can engage ACC at 40kmh and lane guidance goes active that's TJA

Kamold, Just to clarify for myself and anyone else who may be wondering, could you confirm my thoughts below, please.
    The minimum speed we can set ACC is 30km/h and ALG currently engages at 67 km/h.

1) With TJA are we able to set ACC to a speed less than 30 km/h?
    2) My "expectation" is To test TJA (0-60km/h) I should be able set ACC to 60 km/h AND ALG would also be active at any speed up to 60 km/h. So in theory from a standing start you should see the green ALG (active) lines on the screen as long as the road markings are clearly visible. (So should be easy to test.)
    The Mazda Astina has a similar feature that I enjoyed playing with however the VW is a level higher even without TJA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast