Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCD510 - Brand New!

Users Country Flag

RCD510 - Brand New!

Hey all!

I've got a new RCD510 here that was removed from an '09 Tiguan prior to delivery, as the owner had upgraded to an RNS510.

The unit works, is unmarked, and the PIN code will be included.

The item is located near Goulburn NSW, approximately 2 hours south of Sydney via M5/Hume Hwy. I can also send it via registered post anywhere in Australia for an extra $25.

I'm chasing $800ono for it.

All enquiries can be made here, or via PM.

If required, I can post a few images up in the next day or so.

Thanks,

Dean.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Dean, can you run through the features of that unit please. I may be interested in fitting in my Transporter. Dunno if it is compatible!
    Thanks

Tombi

if it has rounded edges it will fit a golf, if it has sharp edges it will fit a transporter
    2x Caddy, 1x Ducato

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Tombi, I don't think it will fit straight in. You will have to tell me what radio unit it came with from the factory, and the year model of your Transporter. I will investigate your options in regards to retro-fitting it. Basically, there's a whole heap of variables, right down to the aerial connector, and quad-lock power/audio connector at the rear of the radio unit.

Users Country Flag
    Oops . I have a 2009 T5 crewvan and it has the factory double din cd/radio (poverty pack) unit.Don't know about any of the connections. I amy have to do some investigating under the dash.

Ok. I'm assuming it's the one with the small slot in all four corners of the face. I can't remember what model that is off the top of my head, but I'll look into what's required for retro-fitting tomorrow for you.

Tombi, there's nothing official available through VW, but I'll have access to an '09 Transporter tomorrow, so I'll pop the radio out, and have a sticky-beak. Apparently, the RCD and RNS 510s will be available on the 2010 facelift, and there doesn't appear to be a lot different between the two vehicles. Regardless, I'll explore all avenues.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Dean. My cd/radio does have 4 slots ; 1 in each corner of the face plate.

Cheers Tombi

Hi Tombi, I have the official word from Volkswagen. The Polo/Golf/Passat/Caddy/Tiguan RCD510 that I have will not bolt into a Transporter. Wiring-wise, it may be possible to use the Touareg version of the RCD510. However, they are unabe to confirm if it will work with the Transporter's CAN-bus protocol. They did say however, if it was successful, they'd love to hear about it, as it could well be the first retro-fit of it's kind in the world.

Users Country Flag

Thanks for for going out of your way to find all that info' Dean. I don't Know diddly about Can-bus system. I will have to educate myself a little I think before purchasing a new stereo.

Cheers Tombi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast