Thread: Mk1 Golf Rolling shell, track car

Unhappy Mk1 Golf Rolling shell, track car

Due to a combination of unfortunate circumstances including ($2k paid to a roll cage bloke that skipped, and being just about to lose my storage space) I need to sell my Mk1 project track car project
    With the delay's I ended up buying some thing else to keep me running, and when I lose the storage I will not be able to store the thing securely and under cover, and it is too good for that. I had big plans on this and it will be a cracking little rocket, if I had the space I would even get it on historic plates and back on the road

Shell - Sell a a roller
    4door Mk1
    CAMS Log booked car with half cage, stripped excluding glass and dash shell
    Body is in good condition with no rust in the floors or between the bulk head, just a little in the passenger rain tray see photo but nothing for a Mk1!. Most of the sound deadener is stripped and battery tray removed.
    As a roller it includes:
    DMS 50mm competition coil overs, 2 way (independent) Inverted Monotube don't confuse these with a generic off the shelf. they are custom builds made in Australia with ongoing support
    USRT Roll Centre Correction
    USRT bump steer correction
    24mm rear anti Roll bar
    Rolling on 15x6.5 with Toyo semi's
    Fitted with a wheel well fuel cell but it is out of date for open races, swirl pot and pumps are all there, as is chassis loom
    That is more than $4k in suspension alone l fitted up and for $1200 you can take it away.

Other bits we can talk about
    ADZ (I think) from a Mk3, forged pistons and rods, mid range road cam, unknown exact spec's but I believe it is around 250-60 degrees, Baffled Sump from Autotech (these are like gold)

Verinier Cam wheel, also fitted with a 36-1 trigger wheel fitted to crank if you want aftermarket computer. Standard inlet I also have a 2 x weber manifold

I also have a full race cam new un-installed (Catcams, 306 deg 14.5mm lift 106 centre), with springs and Caps.
    (I can't remember if this was a big valve head, so no promises, but you may be lucky)
    5speed 020 with short shifter linkage

Standard AUM motor (1.820vT)
    Equal length SS manifold
    GT28RS Disco Potato set up for IPRA, including Boostworks 36mm restritor and upgraded bearing
    Brand new Mounts from Germany for Mk1 to 02A/J boxes
    Couple of EBS gear boxes
    Brand new Lightweight flywheel plus 500nm rated clutch and pressure plate "Stage 4" - whatever that means!

A whole bunch of brand new Urethane bushes, ARP Bolts (head, diff) various bearings et al various other stuff like Wilwood 4 pot calipers, pedal box, V-bands,

Open to reasonable offers on everything, will be well priced but even cheaper if you are getting the shell (1st preference)

Photos:
    How do you share these days!!!
    I have a drop box set up, send your email and I can share it (If anyone can tell me how to hae to every one I can do that

Can be seen after hours or weekends in Fairfield Vic
    PM or 0403 935 706

Photos below posted on behalf of Notso Swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    the flywheel you mentioned, is that for the 1.8T?

Thanks HaydEn for the photo's

PM's replied,
    Rain tray photo above shows the only rust - I said there was virtually nothing! The car has been dry stored so is pretty good
    I have about 100 of various parts so I wasn't going to put all those up but chances I have a photo if you want to see something please let me know and I will email or text

Sambb
    Yes, the Clutch and Fly wheel is for a 1.8T
    Brand new in packaging
    Last edited by Notso Swift; 28-05-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Chassis sold pending
    I will do a better list of the parts and may even split them in to 2 posts