Thread: JB4 and data cable for sale for VW Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

JB4 and data cable for sale for VW Golf Mk7

For sale is my lovely JB4. It works perfectly. Only selling as I went APR for its TCU tune.

Was working perfectly on my R at time of removal.

$400 shipped express Australia wide or pickup in Newcastle. Negotiable. Just went just <50% of new.
    Last edited by hardy_bm; 03-08-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    Mk 7 R Wagon Wolfsburg. APR Stage 1. Removable towbar.

Hi, I'm not familiar with these at all, do you know if it would work on my MY16 GTI PP? Does it effect DSG?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

JB4 and data cable for sale for VW Golf Mk7

Quote Originally Posted by George118118 View Post
    Hi, I'm not familiar with these at all, do you know if it would work on my MY16 GTI PP? Does it effect DSG?
    This one is just for the R engine unfortunately

Edit
    Actually not correct! Works on all MQB cars
    Last edited by hardy_bm; 21-09-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hardy_bm View Post
    This one is just for the R engine unfortunately
    That's not correct... the Group 1 JB4 (which I suspect you have) is the exact same model as the Groups 2 to 6. JB4 use the different group/box codes to help track which models of VWAG car are attracting the most sales.

Your JB4 will work perfectly on a MK7 GTI PP.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by George118118 View Post
    It has no impact on the DSG's state of tune, and also has no adverse affects on the DSG gearbox itself. They are an excellent plug and play upgrade with a substantial improvement in power and torque compared to a standard GTI.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    That's not correct... the Group 1 JB4 (which I suspect you have) is the exact same model as the Groups 2 to 6. JB4 use the different group/box codes to help track which models of VWAG car are attracting the most sales.

Fantastic! Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure about this that all JB4 Groups for MQB have no different hardware beside your explanation company tracking which most car model ppl buying ?

I am interested in this to buy for tiguan 132kw (MQB) , however this use new updated ea888b budac cycle engine, so JB4 website say i need group 8 https://burgertuning.com/products/group-8-jb4-gen3b , so you think this will also work fine with no issue even if is group 1 ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    Are you sure about this that all JB4 Groups for MQB have no different hardware beside your explanation company tracking which most car model ppl buying ?

I am interested in this to buy for tiguan 132kw (MQB) , however this use new updated ea888b budac cycle engine, so JB4 website say i need group 8 https://burgertuning.com/products/group-8-jb4-gen3b , so you think this will also work fine with no issue even if is group 1 ?
    You’ve misread and misquotes me - I didn’t say “all”, only the Group 1 to 6.

I have no idea regarding the Budack cycle engines.

Users Country Flag

Sorry mate you are right , my mistake . Still would be interested to know if will work on my car .
    thx

You’ve misread and misquotes me - I didn’t say “all”, only the Group 1 to 6.

I have no idea regarding the Budack cycle engines.