View Poll Results: DNS unit group buy - discount options

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • raffle for free units according to number of orders

56 45.53%
  • split the price of the free units between all orders

67 54.47%
Page 1 of 181 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy / EOI new generation DNS head units (RNS-510 alternative)

Users Country Flag

Group Buy / EOI new generation DNS head units (RNS-510 alternative)

******Group buy closing soon*******

Support thread:
    SUPPORT THREAD

***Please see first post of the support thread for latest development updates!***

DNS-810 pics

PRELIMINARY VIDEO DEMO - night
    PRELIMINARY VIDEO DEMO - day (good for seeing the effectiveness of the anti-reflective screen)

After all orders are placed with the manufacturer, delivery to your door will be within 6-8 working days (for me to receive the units, then send out to you).

Considering the level of interest, to give a bit more back to everyone I have decided that in addition to the discounts that all in this group buy will receive, one of you lucky people will be drawn out of random and get your chosen DNS unit for free - if final numbers for actual purchase exceeds 30. For every 15 more that joins I will throw in another free unit (45 = 2 free units, 60 = 3 free units and so on). These numbers of course will be based on confirmed and paid for orders. After all orders are finalised, the random person(s) will be drawn and receive a refund for their unit including shipping, but not any extra accessories ordered.

For those who don't know me I have been selling the ANS series head units as an alternative to the OEM RNS-510 on this forum for quite some time now with good feedback, and my thread is located here:

ANS Series Thread

The manufacturer I have been working with is now releasing a new generation DNS series head unit, that offer some big improvements which puts it into a class of its own and in many cases surpassing its competitors as well as even the OEM RNS-510. Rundown of features below:

Cortex-A9 1.2Ghz Dual Core CPU
    ARM Mali-400 GPU
    512mb RAM
    OEM Philips radio module with factory FAKRA connections - no more signal woes
    OEM themed interface, no cheap, tacky UIs
    Full OEM integration including:

• Full steering wheel controls compatibility out of the box
    • MFD integration showing radio station, current call etc
    • Full OPS / IPAS integration capable of showing sensors + camera feed simultaneously
    • On-screen door prompt display
    • On-screen AC information display (for 2009+ models)

Software-selectable theme switch between VW red and Skoda green (with matching button backlight)
    Built-in Bluetooth with searchable phonebook and music streaming
    Built-in DSP module for high clarity sound exceeding OEM quality
    Full line-level audio outputs (incl. subwoofer out) for aftermarket sound system connection
    Latest Australian maps with speed and red light camera warnings and comprehensive, up to date, customisable POIs
    NO battery drain issues
    Special anti-reflective screen to reduce glare (see day demo video above)

Planned features available as add-ons / firmware updates after initial release:
    Android mirroring module - connect your Android Smartphone and fully control it using your DNS unit's screen
    multi-line MFD display showing song name, artist, radio station, frequency etc
    MFD phonebook display
    MFD navigation directions display
    OBD2 information (MAF, ATM, throttle, acceleration and fuel consumption calculations etc)
    Trip recorder - camera module to record on a time loop, integrated to the unit so that the camera can be controlled by the DNS unit

Order / Pricing Info

The main DNS series units are:

DNS-810 (8" stock-inspired design)
    DNS-610 (7" design closely following the RNS-510 shape with slightly bigger screen)

Pictures here (these are actually of the older ANS series but the shape and design of the front plate will be the same with possible change in button function only)

The above units suit Golf / Jetta V and up, Polo 6R, Scirocco, Eos, Passat B6 and up, Tiguan, Amarok and Caddy. It also suits Skoda Octavia, Superb, Yeti etc.

2013 Octavia with the new shape can either purchase a DNS-620 specifically designed in that shape or use any of the above three units with a fascia kit (you have to source the kit yourself).

There is also the DNS-850 for 2010+ Touareg (8" stock replica).

If you are not sure which one suits your car it's pretty straightforward, just compare with the shape of your current head unit.

The retail price of the DNS series is $800. All the above units will be set at $700 incl. shipping for this group buy. Accessory cables (line out / in, iPod / USB adapters, GPS antenna etc) are also included.

Standard warranty is one year and shipping cost will be borne by sender (i.e. half). Optional two year full shipping warranty (your shipping cost reimbursed against receipt) is available for an extra $25. This extended warranty does not apply to any accessories, which all come with standard one year warranty. Also for international customers, shipping is still covered only one way and the price for the extended warranty is reduced to $20.

Accessories:

1. LED licence plate light type reverse camera (example here): $35. You MUST tell me your car model, as the licence plate light shape differs from car to car.
    2. Boot handle type reverse camera (example here): $65. This camera fits ONLY Tiguan, Touareg 2011+, Jetta and Golf / Passat wagon.
    3. VW badge camera incl. boot mechanism (info here): $290. This camera fits ONLY Golf VI without modification. It also fits Golf V with grinding of bracket (info here, ignore wiring as it is for OEM) and Polo 6R with modified bracket (buy it here)
    4. RGB RVC adapter (for those with OEM cameras only): $45. You must tell me if your OEM camera has the dynamic reversing path module (lines turn with steering wheel) or not.
    5. HD DVB-T module (for digital TV, antennas included): $95.
    6. SD DVB-T module (as above): $75.
    7. Android / iPhone mirroring without ability to control via DNS screen: $55; Samsung-specific adapter for this module: $5

For all orders, a deposit of $100 needs to be paid before I order the unit with the manufacturer. Up to that date any deposit paid earlier will be fully refundable. After this date your order will be treated as processed, the units will be ordered and your deposit will not be refunded. If I don't have at least this deposit by the time I place my order I will treat your order as cancelled.

You can make payment by bank transfer or PayPal. Because of the significant discount, I am not absorbing the PayPal charge so if you choose PayPal there will be a PayPal fee of $20 AUD for the final payment. Remember to note your forum username when making payment.

Installation services available in Sydney: Brad 0423 352 859, just mention this group buy. For other locations please ask me for a recommendation.

To confirm your order please send a PM to me with the below information:

• which items you would like to purchase;
    • your billing name + address;
    • your email address to send the invoice and also future updates of the unit;
    • your preferred method of payment.

I will send an invoice with payment details to your supplied email address.

Please note - I can ship internationally but will not have GPS maps for anyone not in Australia / NZ! You can find map software from various sources online if you want to download it yourself, or you can buy Sygic maps here (there are no sellers offering iGo on a single licence basis):
    Sygic USA / Canada
    Sygic Western Europe

Taking into account the lack of map software for international customers, although I do not get group shipping benefits to ship internationally, I will still match the group buy pricing for those that join in.

EOI list below:

(order placed) | (deposit paid) | (fully paid)

1. scattym
    2. richmurphy
    3. b2barker
    4. kwalsh24
    5. Special agent
    6. kccortez
    7. RedDiablos
    8. alexc2005
    9. moda
    10. malamute
    11. robk5787
    12. Justjuice
    13. sinclap2
    14. rollsa210
    15. chillybone
    16. acmonster
    17. benoz11
    18. Brocher
    19. xxcynicxx
    20. polski_ogurek
    21. soppa
    22. Eazy
    23. dvestate
    24. eplurbisunum
    25. fmflex
    26. centralaxis
    27. woweriux
    28. lankfert
    29. Pearce
    30. Caddy
    31. Aey
    32. NewGuy
    33. Goobz
    34. Fdandy
    35. baathesheeo
    36. ccpl
    37. mipakr
    38. asa572
    39. scrubmonk
    40. vwr32
    41. Scratchedeos
    42. biged
    43. cpkk
    44. DMPerth
    45. NoelFSI
    46. PeterMs
    47. Omerta11
    48. Reginald
    49. k3here
    50. Henry
    51. Vincentlololou
    52. Muteki
    53. Gr233n
    54. BossGTI
    55. kzhao19
    56. dubalien
    57. macdub
    58. awcyeung
    59. NGV
    60. swong
    61. drBruce
    62. Tobes_WIR35
    63. swyner
    64. lcr
    65. lacesoutvic
    66. Bushranger
    67. laggster
    68. MountainBikeMike
    69. austibor
    70. LD_mart
    71. MjK
    72. chanjmc
    73. nick b
    74. Bollo
    75. Mat77
    76. allypally
    77. syanczura
    78. conndoggz
    79. stranger2502
    80. YungFrshCrckr
    81. fredro
    82. antoineschaller
    83. re2gie01
    84. Postofficebox1
    85. matiasg85
    86. leontoh
    87. Chocolatier
    88. SteveBne

EOI (unconfirmed):
    1. VWRCW
    2. boltor
    3. NOO63N
    4. Na2eL
    5. g'day
    6. Herbie_059
    7. Ryan MkV
    8. Rob_Quads
    9. Scratchyratface
    10. 123nickd
    11. Wasntme
    12. shauno
    13. nayfen
    14. tonyt818
    15. Hans Byxor
    16. SARIS
    17. arsenalroc
    18. Tony Vi
    19. HalfMoon
    20. 1NSANE
    21. RocknRoll
    22. fox
    23. Kurt
    24. Allegiance
    25. Jetta_MkV
    26. Jonboic32
    27. danielv10
    28. TwinFin
    Last edited by DkN; 17-04-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag
    I'm interested in the new models.

I am interested on the new unit too.

Since it's tentative, could you ask him to pick a different first letter that isn't an IT acronym? (DNS = Domain Name System)

Looks like a good unit, pending if the GUI feels premium or cheap. Will wait for some video footage of it in action.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Since it's tentative, could you ask him to pick a different first letter that isn't an IT acronym? (DNS = Domain Name System)

Looks like a good unit, pending if the GUI feels premium or cheap. Will wait for some video footage of it in action.
    The GUI will follow the OEM theme as before, with some tweaks and upgrades throughout - the feel will be closer to OEM than the current units.

The D is supposed to represent the new Dual Core CPU - almost every acronym is taken these days unless you pick something absurdly long
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag

Group Buy / EOI new generation DNS head units (RNS-510 alternative)

Looks great. Will this come with the OBDII functionality?
    Golf R | UG | DSG | 19" Silver | ACC | Leather | Viezu vRace | FIS+ Advanced | View car diary thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by boltor View Post
    Looks great. Will this come with the OBDII functionality?
    Yes, with an optional module - updated first post.

Users Country Flag
    ^ great. add me to the list if the optional module is available in the initial buy. thanks
    Golf R | UG | DSG | 19" Silver | ACC | Leather | Viezu vRace | FIS+ Advanced | View car diary thread

count me in for one

Users Country Flag

I am in for one.

Page 1 of 181 1231151101 ... LastLast