Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • raffle for free units according to number of orders

56 45.53%
  • split the price of the free units between all orders

67 54.47%
Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1806

Thread: Group Buy / EOI new generation DNS head units (RNS-510 alternative)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MK5TSI View Post
    Hello DKN, operates the DNS610 in a MK5 2007 ? Thank you very much.
    It will (Sandy has a Mk5), may need to get the updated canbus gateway to stop battery drain (dunno though, just heard it may be a problem).

That being said, if you've been following the DNS thread, I wouldn't be looking at the DNS until it actually starts shipping :p
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2007 mk5. Mine works fine. No battery drain and only issues are the DNS issues which are being sorted slowly.
    Mine: -MK5 Golf 2.0TDI[Deiselgeek sigma 6 shifter + H&R 50mm lowering springs + GTI Tartan interior + Audi 18x8 A6 wheels(Dark Steel)]
    -MK1 Golf The re-spray/re-build
    In the family: -MK5 Jetta 2.0TDI, -9N3 Polo TDI, -6R Polo TDI, -Mitsubishi S^$&box van
    A pattern seems to be forming...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sorry for the absence guys, been extremely busy with my wedding coming up at the end of the month. I really want to finish everything before then, but it may be that the shipping will have to be done the week after (I'm going on honeymoon a week after my wedding anyway so that suits me fine as long as things are done by then!)

I have been testing the new CAN-Bus version of the unit. This unit uses different software so I'm a little out of touch with the old CAN-Bus software status - those of you that have been running the (non faulty) units, can you please confirm any other issues you are having. Just before I installed the new CAN-Bus units a couple of weeks ago I seem to recall that mine was running fine. The only problem is when iGo runs with SD / USB in the background, which is now resolved with Sygic. I will supply Sygic in all future DNS shipments and will also offer it to those with current units soon.

The new CAN-Bus unit has a couple of small issues to fix but is otherwise ready. I'm getting updates pretty much weekly for this unit and it is stable though have little things such as no memory of volume after shutdown, which is annoying right now but very easily fixed.

I'm chasing up the latest version of software for both new CAN and old CAN, I'll post up the latest old CAN version tomorrow and list out the bugs in the new CAN units. At that point I will let everyone decide what they want to do (via PM too). Basically, the new CAN version is now branded DNS-810+ (or 610+) and comes at a slightly higher price point, though I am not charging anyone extra for this group buy. The old CAN units is just the regular model.

The difference, as stated before, is mainly better MFD compatibility (at the moment working dynamic radio list and song name display on MFD) and silent boot function on unlocking the car (makes booting the unit faster when you actually turn on the ignition). In the future, phonebook list display may also be implemented.

It is my belief that with the old CAN version you will get a usable, fast unit out of the box. This is of course with Sygic - those of you with iGo on your current units, please do not take that as an indication of the speed of the unit. It runs very smoothly without issues when Sygic is used as there is an inherent conflict in the system with iGo.

With the new CAN version you get the extra features but may have to live with small annoyances for a little while longer after receiving the unit. For those with current old CAN units who want the new CAN chip, I am also happy to provide it for free as promised, but you have to tell me before I place my order and you will need to replace the old chip and flash different firmware. You may find it is not worth the effort (not everyone necessarily want the additional MFD functions / silent boot on unlock). It is up to you.

I intend to PM all those still in the group buy with a view to confirming all orders (for the DNS810 / 610 or 810+/610+ at their option, or opting out with refunds) by the end of next week. Once confirmed I will place the order with the supplier (at that point $100 deposit will be non-refundable).

More details and PMs will come tomorrow night.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag
    Am looking at a ans 810 so what do I have to do?

Users Country Flag
    How much would installation be with a number plate light camera on a mk6?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullstarter View Post
    How much would installation be with a number plate light camera on a mk6?
    Depending how handy you are, I would say do it yourself, its not very complicated and honestly doesn't take that long to do.
    Mine: -MK5 Golf 2.0TDI[Deiselgeek sigma 6 shifter + H&R 50mm lowering springs + GTI Tartan interior + Audi 18x8 A6 wheels(Dark Steel)]
    -MK1 Golf The re-spray/re-build
    In the family: -MK5 Jetta 2.0TDI, -9N3 Polo TDI, -6R Polo TDI, -Mitsubishi S^$&box van
    A pattern seems to be forming...

Hey mate, huge thread... I am interested in the 810 for a MY11 Octavia if possible

Cheers,
    Andrew

EDIT just read in the other thread no AM I'm out sorry.
    Last edited by Lawson123; 15-09-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Is it possible to get Sygic thru this group and how to I get on the list for updates to the DNS812/610
    I have posted my experience with this unit in the Audio and electrics thread. Cheers Garry

Users Country Flag
    So i suspect it will be another couple of weeks still?

Enjoy your wedding!
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Users Country Flag

Sandy. Update please.
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 LastLast