Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • raffle for free units according to number of orders

56 45.53%
  • split the price of the free units between all orders

67 54.47%
Page 133 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1806

Thread: Group Buy / EOI new generation DNS head units (RNS-510 alternative)

Someone mentioned earlier that Sandy's inbox was full so just posting up here for the time being. I noticed on the front page that the antennas for the digital tv module were meant to be supplied but I didnt get any in the box. Ive bought some dodgy rabbit ears already and have something coming from ebay as well so hopefully those two at the same time will get the reception going but it doesnt can you get the antennas sent over with your next shipment please?

Users Country Flag
    I am the same with the tv antennas. If we buy the module it would be expected that it comes in full and nothing else extra needs to be purchased.

Users Country Flag
    So I just finished a 1000km road trip down South for the summer. Pretty exhausted, but thought I should post some comments.

I was hoping to say all went well and it worked perfectly, but alas.

First signs of trouble were that in the beginning steering wheel controls stopped working. That was fine. Then I saw the 'slow down' others have talked about. It's not a slow down in, say, iGo, that was still very quick. It was a slow down in the interface of the DNS, like switching between nav and SD to change songs. Once I was in the SD interface it was quick though.

Then I noticed that the MFD would only update every 2 seconds, then every 5 seconds.

Then the AC/door cue stopped showing up.

It was still functioning and fine, though. For the first 600kms. And then it locked up fully while I was in nav. The nav still worked, but I couldn't get into the units menus to change anything, buttons were unresponsive and it wouldn't shut off (even after key pull). Had to pull over, pull it out and unplug it. After that it reset and was fine, but when I played music on SD and had nav, it kept stuttering and the mfd looked like it was going between fm and sd. Strange. Go back to the SD interface and it worked fine. iPod and nav worked fine too.

Finally got here, pulled it out, unplugged and did a full defaults reset and all is working fine again.

I'm not gonna bitch and moan about it, that's what happened. It's very clear that there is a bug in the CANBUS interface software/firmware that is causing this whole thing. Once AS fix that we shouldn't have these issues any more.

Other things I found:

Playing FLAC off SD works, but there is a fair gap between tracks, ~5-30s. May be related to slowdown issue, or card speed. Either way it needs to be optimised. Single long track is the only option for gapless FLAC at the moment.

AC controls/volume popup/door cue doesn't show over top of nav screen. Reverse camera doesn't show up for about 30s over top of nav screen.

I'm sure there are more things but I'm tired. Will note them in the spreadsheet in the morning.

Again, I'm not gonna bitch and moan because that won't solve anything. I'm just pointing out the bug in the CANBUS system being the root cause of all of these issues, and fixing it should be AS's number 1 priority.

I'm guessing we should see a firmware update when sandy gets back? The current firmware is 3 weeks old now, I'm sure they've come a long way since then.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post

Finally got here, pulled it out, unplugged and did a full defaults reset and all is working fine again.
    Just pull the head unit fuse, if you can't power in down on key pull. Saves messing around with the dash.

Yeah this is the issue that needs priority fix.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fdandy View Post
    Just pull the head unit fuse, if you can't power in down on key pull. Saves messing around with the dash.

Yeah this is the issue that needs priority fix.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk
    Yea that's probably a better course of action. The fuse box is in the boot, yea? With a fuse diagram? I'm still new to golf ownership haha.

Users Country Flag
    Moda thanks for the reminder of the volume and AC display showing over GPS. I mentioned this to Sandy when I first noticed and he said the AC controls would cover the whole map and that's not good. However I believe if you have that option on (display AC) it should show anywhere as well as volume. Can you add this to your spreadsheet?

Yea my unit is slowing down and my
    Buttons don't work either had to do a full unplug and reset to fix it

Users Country Flag
    Same here, no antennas supplied with the module. Can you please send some my way Sandy.

Again, I'm not gonna bitch and moan because that won't solve anything. I'm just pointing out the bug in the CANBUS system being the root cause of all of these issues, and fixing it should be AS's number 1 priority.

I'm guessing we should see a firmware update when sandy gets back? The current firmware is 3 weeks old now, I'm sure they've come a long way since then.
    Yeah, I'm going to test with the canbus off, see what happens, as ever since my initial slow down its like the unit just self destructs after every factory reset, since my iinitial slow down I've had to reset it 3 times. Also my door que would tell me when a door was open, but then not go off when the door was closed.

Also is anyone else finding that the screen sometimes has a mind of its own? Ill be scrolling thru the menu of my SD folders, touching the outside edge of the screen and suddenly the screen will select something in tthe middle of the screen. Its rather annoying, this would be a hardware issue with the non capacitive screen. Its like having a old school GPS system in my dash now.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

As described above, recently experienced the CANBUS issue as well.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Page 133 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast