Thread: Genuine VCDS diagnostic cable

Users Country Flag

Genuine VCDS diagnostic cable

SOLD: thanks to those who have expressed an interest !

For sale:
    HEX-USB+CAN cable: Intelligent Dual-K plus CAN <-> USB Interface

Item Description: Genuine VCDS Ross-Tech interface
    Website for more info: ross-tech.com
    Item Condition: Excellent
    Price and price conditions: $381.53 ONO + p&p at buyer's cost if unable to collect
    Reason for selling: No longer used
    Contact Info: PM me please.

Hi All,

I'm selling my VCDS cable. It is a HEX+CAN cable and it's a GENUINE Ross-Tech product (this is not a Chinese knock-off that claims to be genuine but that is really IP theft from the original manufacturer).

This model cable is now discontinued by Ross-Tech (it's been superseded by their HEX-NET series devices), but it is perfectly OK for all but the most modern VAG vehicles:
    • The cable is still supported by the latest VCDS software that can be downloaded free from the Ross-Tech site HERE.
    • Details regarding the functionality of the cable and its compatibility with various model cars can be found HERE.
    • Plus, this cable has no limitation on the number of VIN that can be used!

I purchased this cable from a Ross-Tech Australia distributor a while back. I still have the receipt for the purchase and license info to substantiate its authenticity.

I have registered this cable with Ross-Tech as the original purchaser but the new buyer has the option to transfer ownership details for a fee of $99 USD -but only if they want. This option is NOT necessary to use the full functionality of the cable - see HERE for details of what "registration" provides!

The ONLY reason that I'm selling this cable is that I now own 2 x HEX-HET devices - consequently, my trusty HEX-USB+CAN cable has been sleeping quietly in my workshop drawer, unused for a long, long while. It's time to sell- I think!!!

I'll even throw-in time on my MQB platform test-bench and some free tutorials on how to use VCDS if the buyer is a "new bee" in the black arts of diagnostic analysis

Don

Pictures follow:

Last edited by DV52; 28-05-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    $381.53 seems like a very specific asking price???
    2006 MkV 2.0TDI -> 2005 MkV GTI -> 2008 MkV R32 -> 2013 Polo 77TSI + 2016 Mk7 Golf R Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shauno View Post
    $381.53 seems like a very specific asking price???
    Must admit it had me thinking WTF also. Just round it up or down to the nearest $5 or $10.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    shauno/Lucas_R: I happen to like numbers, some better than others!! But my least preferred number is zero - actually, as lots of mathematicians will confirm (I'm not a mathematician), zero is not a number at all; it's a concept (this is one of the answers to the question as to whether zero is a prime number).

So, my price of $381.53 was half selected by my prejudice against the number zero - but it was more governed by my time value of money calculation from the price and date of purchase (in current-day dollars, with a discount for age).

In any event, the number is purely a tool to signal seller expectation; the "ONO" (Or Nearest Offer) next to the price indicates my willingness to be persuaded of another number (ultimately, the cable is only worth what the market will pay)! My suspicion was that counteroffers will be "rounded" to zero and if reasonable, I will accept the number- that's how most people think!!

But thanks for the responses - are either of you interested in the cable? I'm more than happy to entertain a number with zeros (and with the decimal point in the correct spot) if you are so motivated!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 21-05-2020 at 02:07 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Jesus......

You and I should have a talk show. We'd go viral in an instant!