Thread: Audi S3 front hubs

Users Country Flag

Audi S3 front hubs

Pair of Audi S3 hubs (8L). Purchased second hand but never used. These are the ones commonly put onto Golf Mk4's that have the much lower ball joint position for roll centre correction.
    Cash only. Preferably Sydney pickup/drop off. $450

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    Pair of Audi S3 hubs (8L). Purchased second hand but never used. These are the ones commonly put onto Golf Mk4's that have the much lower ball joint position for roll centre correction.
    Cash only. Preferably Sydney pickup/drop off. $450
    Will these fit a Polo Sam ?
    MODS- TOO MANY

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    They do and they dont. Mechanically yes, electrically no. Strut base receiver is correct, tie rods fit, ball joints fit. You need a Golf Mk4 Gti wheel bearing pressed in and then our driveshaft will fit. BUT....... there's two major issues. 1. the steering arms are longer than the polo's so I assume your number of turns lock to lock on the wheel would increase (not good but might just be marginal) and 2. S3 ABS is not compatible with our ABS module. The S3 uses the older gen chopper disc style of flag for the abs sensor but ours uses magnetic strips that are moulded onto the Polo wheel bearing. I thought no prob, the Polo wheel bearing will go in but the outer diameter is bigger in the hub. You'd need to get a ring pressed in and then the Polo bearing would go into that and then you'd need to find a way to mount the different Polo abs sensor. So If you have a non ABS dedicated race car Polo then no worries but if you want ABS it cant work I'm afraid. Perfect for a Mk4 but not Polo's.

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    They do and they dont. Mechanically yes, electrically no. Strut base receiver is correct, tie rods fit, ball joints fit. You need a Golf Mk4 Gti wheel bearing pressed in and then our driveshaft will fit. BUT....... there's two major issues. 1. the steering arms are longer than the polo's so I assume your number of turns lock to lock on the wheel would increase (not good but might just be marginal) and 2. S3 ABS is not compatible with our ABS module. The S3 uses the older gen chopper disc style of flag for the abs sensor but ours uses magnetic strips that are moulded onto the Polo wheel bearing. I thought no prob, the Polo wheel bearing will go in but the outer diameter is bigger in the hub. You'd need to get a ring pressed in and then the Polo bearing would go into that and then you'd need to find a way to mount the different Polo abs sensor. So If you have a non ABS dedicated race car Polo then no worries but if you want ABS it cant work I'm afraid. Perfect for a Mk4 but not Polo's.
    Thanks for the big reply Sam

Home some MK4 boys or girls snap them up
    MODS- TOO MANY