Thread: 1.8L 8v JH engine + mk1/8v spares

Users Country Flag

1.8L 8v JH engine + mk1/8v spares

Hey guys,

I'm doing a swap in my mk1 and will have the old JH up for grabs. It's burning oil so could be as simple as stem seals, or as complex as piston rings. Sadly I won't have room to hold it and figure out what the problem was my self, so someone else is welcome to take it off my hands and do with it as you see fit.

Otherwise, I'll keep the head, get it fixed up/ported/cam'd and throw it on the new motor somewhere down the line, and scrap the block.

If there ends up being more spares then I'll add them to the list for you guys to pick off.

All parts belong to/came off of a Mk1

1.8 8v JH (as stated, burning oil @ roughly 1L per 1000km's. I put compression repair in and it's slowed down more since that measurement)
    32/36 weber (condition unknown, suitable for rebuild though may be working, in box with linkages)
    3 x 1.8 8v stock carbies (condition varies)
    factory round headlights (look fine, may/may not be working)
    2 x intake manifolds (currently bolted to 2 of the above carbies)

I just want this stuff gone... I have no idea of any of it's value (except the weber.. that thing would be worth a fair bit when repaired)

I'm considering asking a metal melter what I could get if I just brought all this stuff down to them....

Users Country Flag

I'm interested in an intake manifold. Where are you located?