Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So what happened ?

Its still an on going joke, how can you award "car of the year" to something that dealers don't even have demo stock of ? Do they honestly believe people are going to buy one without seeing it, let alone drive it, and then wait 10 months for delivery ? Same story over and over, "the Indians are taking all the stock".
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Users Country Flag
    Just back from NZ and they are all over the place - at least all around Auckland. Sadly, I didn't have time to visit a dealership.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Users Country Flag
    I saw one parked at Bulli Beach yesterday, didn't get a chance to walk around it though as it left

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiplastix View Post
    Its still an on going joke, how can you award "car of the year" to something that dealers don't even have demo stock of ? Do they honestly believe people are going to buy one without seeing it, let alone drive it, and then wait 10 months for delivery ? Same story over and over, "the Indians are taking all the stock".
    My understanding of the Indian market is that you have build or at least assemble most vehicles in India ? Some exemptions apply if the mother company is Indian like Jaguar etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Skoda are currently building another factory in India, to supply the Indian and Chinese markets. Supposedly up and running around May. This should free up stock for other markets.

I didn't think Skoda CZ made anything at all for the Indian market, it was all made at their existing plant. Same for Russia and China. I see plenty around here and some of the school mums at the local school have them and rave about them to the other mums. I've never seen that before, usually to be perfectly blunt they see cars as an A to B type thing.

I'm in Newcastle NSW. Have been to the local dealer and a car buying broker and getting the same message. Metallic paint (any colour) plus Luxury Pack (leather) = 5 month wait. WTF??

Users Country Flag
    This article, although it's mainly focused on the Karoq talks about Skoda supply shortages for Australia, including the Kodiak. It doesn't paint a very positive picture for those of us hanging out for the Karoq!
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Timilla View Post
    I'm in Newcastle NSW. Have been to the local dealer and a car buying broker and getting the same message. Metallic paint (any colour) plus Luxury Pack (leather) = 5 month wait. WTF??
    Thats not so surprising, I waited from Aug until May for a common spec RS wagon. 6mths was pretty normal and still is really even with factory delays.

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Thats not so surprising, I waited from Aug until May for a common spec RS wagon. 6mths was pretty normal and still is really even with factory delays.
    +1 for a long wait... April to Dec (Oct RS230)
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456