Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what happened ?

Pretty sure someone has posted sales figures recently, or maybe it was a facebook group. Either way Skoda sales were up 200% driven by the Superb and the Kodiaq, so not sure why you think they aren't selling. There is a wait for anyone wanting one, and I've seen them on the road. Everytime I walk past the closest dealer there are people crawling all over them so if anything it will be lack of stock that would hurt a sale. Lots of Audi Q3 owners and VW owners when I talked to people looking at them as its a much cheaper prospect than the Q7.

Users Country Flag
    I have seen two or three already in the north shore area... the car looks nice on the road.

So what happened ?

Well according to Vfacts there were 594 Skodas sold in June and of these 123 were Superb and 139 Kodiaq.

Compare that to:

Medium SUV
    Hyundai Tucson – 3741
    Mazda CX-5 – 2487
    Toyota RAV4 – 2460

Large SUV
    Toyota Prado – 1971
    Toyota Kluger – 1464
    Subaru Outback – 1180

It will be interesting to see what happens in coming months but likely if there's limited supply this may be the major constraint.
    Last edited by tigger73; 29-07-2017 at 08:29 AM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Lots of Audi Q3 owners and VW owners when I talked to people looking at them as its a much cheaper prospect than the Q7.
    The one I looked at was more Q5 size than Q7 , I thought.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Sorry yes Q5 was what others were comparing too. They only got the very first and limited stock in June, so that would likely be everything they had that sold. My memory is that the were only getting 700 total for the whole year and we got extra stock bumped here earlier than planned due to advance interest. Supply is the biggest issue here, Skoda just never have enough stock.

Users Country Flag
    I have been keeping an eye on a few on carsales for a few weeks and some of the more upscale versions (Tech, Luxury, sunroof) have gone but the Launch Packs and base models seem to hang around. Of course, not scientific by any stretch of the imagination but still...

One dealer offered me about a $3,180 "discount" on the RRP for a new one (Tech, Luxury) but that was almost completely eaten up by their delivery fee. My gut feeling is that they aren't motivated to discount too much. Of course, I have been contacting interstate dealers (local Skoda dealer only has their demo left) so they might not have seen me as a serious customer.

Also, one dealer said more stock in a few weeks and another said November. But they are car salesmen so who knows where the truth lies?

Anyway, I am sorta losing interest because they want to low ball me on my trade-in and then charge nearly full RRP. I know, shocking, right?

Any other recent experiences?

July sales figures just out. Skoda sold 508 (up 38% from this time last year)

Fabia 95, Kodiaq 56, Octavia 157, Scout 1, Rapid 65, Superb 108 and Yeti 26

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Keep up those numbers and they're heading for a record year. I think those numbers also highlights that it is a lack of stock that is the thing that's holding the Kodiaq back.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    RRP for the base is $42,990 which is 6.5%. If you don't get any joy with the dealers direct then look to go through a broker.
    If you can get $500 off a Kodiaq, you'll be lucky. Contrary to popular belief, there is no margin on Skodas.
    That being said, a fully optioned MY17 in Australia is $56.8k on road, the same car in the UK is close to AU$76k on road. They've taken all the margin out already, and left us with barely anything left. "Money grubbing dealerships" - no such thing in Skoda land!

Quote Originally Posted by space-godzilla View Post
    Does anyone have an idea when the diesels are supposed to arrive? At the launch, I think the the articles said 'later in the year' and we are almost into August now.
    Build starting September, expected arrival December/January.

Sorry yes Q5 was what others were comparing too.
    Q5 Exterior size, comparable to Q7 interior space. (2nd and 3rd row folded flat - boot is 100L larger than Q7!)

They only got the very first and limited stock in June, so that would likely be everything they had that sold. My memory is that the were only getting 700 total for the whole year and we got extra stock bumped here earlier than planned due to advance interest. Supply is the biggest issue here, Skoda just never have enough stock.
    The original release was planned for 1st August, but with what the vehicle is, and its place in the market, they decided to bring it forward. As such, they're sold out.
    The most popular configuration is people walking in and saying "Give me everything" - they were the first to go. Current waiting times are pushed back to around January-ish, for a full spec version unless you find a demonstrator at a dealership somewhere - in any other case, I would be asking for proof that the vehicle exists.
    Unless you want a Launch Pack, of course, which there are a couple left in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by space-godzilla View Post
    But they are car salesmen so who knows where the truth lies?

Anyway, I am sorta losing interest because they want to low ball me on my trade-in and then charge nearly full RRP. I know, shocking, right?
    We're not all scumbags.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

I thought the launch pack was including everything and with a decent discount. And I wouldn't have expected any discount for this year at least due to us getting it early and extremely low stock. Tradeins are always a lucky dip, if you get a good one, it usually means you paid for it another way.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast