Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skoda Kodiaq RS - who is buying one?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Nearly 2 years exactly since I created this post and I am yet to see a Kodiak vRS on the road (or even in a Skoda showroom - ive been to the Skoda dealership twice in the past 12 months helping family members look for a car). Must not have sold many at all.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    There's quite a few Kodiaq vRS driving around here on Canberra road.

Users Country Flag
    I've seen two here on the Sunny Coast, what jumped out at me was very skinny factory mags for an RS!! I think at the price point you have a LOT of options.....and not sure who wants to spend that and still have a "cheaper" euro brand. I wouldn't.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Skoda Kodiaq RS - who is buying one?

Finally.........in the flesh. At a shared Mitsubishi/VW caryard in Newcastle today.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 16-03-2022 at 03:00 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    I did a lot of research on this engine as fitting one to the Yeti as a repower was a real option, and you get seduced by the bi turbo, water intercooler and short intercooler plumbing. Even the head porting has a seemingly better "plenum in the head" design, and it looks the berries. Go deeper and you find the tiny turbos, huge EGR volumes, terrible parallel head port arrangement, and fixed cam module. This engine looks "performance" from the outside, but dig into the detail and it's all about emissions and fuel economy, and is a huge departure from the former MK6 era EA288, which when it comes to VAG diesel 2.0's is the sweet spot and what I bought for a refresher engine.
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 26-01-2024 at 06:55 AM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    I did a lot of research on this engine as fitting one to the Yeti as a repower was a real option, and you get seduced by the bi turbo, water intercooler and short intercooler plumbing. Even the head porting has a seemingly better "plenum in the head" design, and it looks the berries. Go deeper and you find the tiny turbos, huge EGR volumes, terrible parallel head port arrangement, and fixed cam module. This engine looks "performance" from the outside, but dig into the detail and it's all about emissions and fuel economy, and is a huge departure from the former MK6 era EA288, which when it comes to VAG diesel 2.0's is the sweet spot and what I bought for a refresher engine.
    Yep - modern diesels are a nightmare. Our 2015 model Audi SQ5 is about as new of a diesel car as I would want. Anything after about 2017 is riddled with "yet another" emissions device which is complicated and expensive to fix and essentially designed to slowly choke the engine over time.

Ive seen a few videos on the Darkside Developments Youtube channel about these newer 2.0 bitdi's and even they say they are too complicated and hard to work on.

And modern petrol engines are so efficient now that I believe diesel engines in normal passenger cars are largely irrevent and I wonder how much longer they will be around for. Obviously a different scenario for trucks and larger 4wd's/utes etc - im talking normal passenger cars like hatchbacks/sedans and smallish SUV's.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12